Contribute
Register

Unlock With Apple Watch Not Working In Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I found you don't need to remove the card if you set up IGPU graphics in your bios and use -wegnoegpu in your boot arguments. You also need to change your device id for your CPU to one which is compatible with using the iGPU. I had a headless device ID and needed to change that to a non-headless ID. I have a spare drive so I just copied my EFI to the spare drive and made the changes and selected the spare drive as the boot drive in bios (or you can use a USB drive). The bigger problem is trying to figure out what having the eGPU activated causes the Apple Watch unlock to fail. I have no idea where to even begin.

Well this is annoying, I can't disable my GPU. Internal Graphics is Enabled, and Initial Display Output is set to IGFX in BIOS. And ig-platform-id is set to 0x19120000 in config.plist. But as soon as I boot with -wegnoegpu it kernel panics and reboots. Booting with the Intel HD530 iGPU used to work fine before I got the RX card. I just can't remember the settings I used then...

But yeah, the bigger problem is why unlock isn't working in combination with the RX card. I'm not so sure anyone with the knowledge is really keen to find out why...

Hi. I come here to report I have Catalina 10.15.5 and I made Apple Watch Unlock work with FENVI T919.
I had in my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming BIOS F9g ... Apple Watch Unlock was not working... I even tried Reseting Keychain on Apple System Utilities and it didn´t solve. I downgraded BIOS to F7 which has an option unavailable in the latest BIOS. This option is:
  1. Peripherals:
    1. Super IO: disable Serial Port
After the downgrade and disabling Serial Port it is working now. Maybe it was just the BIOS downgrade that worked and Serial Port Disable has no interference... But I read somewhere a guy saying he also solved Apple Watch Unlock doing the downgrade and disabling Serial Port.

Also, I have IGPU Disabled and I´m using Gigabyte RX5700XT GPU.

It´s working now... Let´s see if it works for long time or just few days. If it fails again I will report here.

Hi. I come here to report I have Catalina 10.15.5 and I made Apple Watch Unlock work with FENVI T919.
I had in my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming BIOS F9g ... Apple Watch Unlock was not working... I even tried Reseting Keychain on Apple System Utilities and it didn´t solve. I downgraded BIOS to F7 which has an option unavailable in the latest BIOS. This option is:
  1. Peripherals:
After the downgrade and disabling Serial Port it is working now. Maybe it was just the BIOS downgrade that worked and Serial Port Disable has no interference... But I read somewhere a guy saying he also solved Apple Watch Unlock doing the downgrade and disabling Serial Port.

It´s working now... Let´s see if it works for long time or just few days. If it fails again I will report here.

Thanks for the info. I had seen something about disabling serial ports in the past, unfortunately my Asus z370 board does not have that option. I thought there might be a way to do it in OpenCore but it's beyond my knowledge to figure it out. Glad to hear you got yours working.

1. Peripherals:

Man Thank you so much, all I had to do is Disable the Serial Port, boot up, uncheck the unlock with Apple Watch feature, then check it again, put the password and WOALA, It works. Thank you for posting this, you're amazing. So simple but effective trick.

Man Thank you so much, all I had to do is Disable the Serial Port, boot up, uncheck the unlock with Apple Watch feature, then check it again, put the password and WOALA, It works. Thank you for posting this, you're amazing. So simple but effective trick.
Thanks! I’m glad this worked for you too! Now our Hackintoshes are as good as a real Mac!

I somehow missed your post @xnandobr, but I can now confirm it worked perfectly for me as well ! And I had an older version of the firmware, with the option still here, so it's definitely the option that works, not the firmware.

Great news, thanks for the tip !

I somehow missed your post @xnandobr, but I can now confirm it worked perfectly for me as well ! And I had an older version of the firmware, with the option still here, so it's definitely the option that works, not the firmware.

Great news, thanks for the tip !

Maybe the reason mine always worked, is I do not have serial ports

Maybe the reason mine always worked, is I do not have serial ports

I (re)discovered I had one on my motherboard. I had totally forgotten, and also why I activated it in the first place. I guess it was still a common feature in 2016 when I built my hackintosh ?

Anyway, as far as I can tell, I never used it and never needed it.

While attempting to use F7 firmware for Z390 M Gaming to disable serial port, I had CFG locked again and couldn't remember how to unlock it. Upon searching some old links (attached below), I discovered the new F9K beta BIOS that the author claimed to provide both CFG unlock and Serial port disable as BIOS options. That looks promising, I am off to test this beta BIOS now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back