Contribute
Register

Unique! X99 Mini-ITX Build - ASRock X99E-ITX/ac - SSD SM951 - 6 core 5820K - 32GB - GTX970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me second that - running the exact same setup (x99e-itx/ac, 32GB, 5820k, GTX970 plus SM951 NVMe, 2x850 PRO for storage) with Yosemite and Clover UEFI. I have tried quite a few methods including the one posted above by toleda and the cloverALC one but after a lot of experimentation I have almost given up on audio on this machine. Can someone who has audio working on the specific mobo document exact steps with as much info as possible please?

You should read and comply with Toleda's posts #34 and #37.

Indeed - it pains me to say but even though I was 100% sure I hadn't missed anything, your post prompted yet another reexamination from scratch which led to success!!!

For anyone else stuck out there, it is a very quick process (once you know exactly what you are doing...)
Starting from a clean system with Clover UEFI, in four steps:
i/ Find the 10.9.5 AppleHDA.kext and use Kext Wizard to install it in System/Library/Extensions as usual
ii/ I used the supplied SSDT-1.asml in post #226 to inject audio for the Realtek chipset and for the NVidia HDMI device: Just copy the SSDT-1.aml into ACPI/Patched/SSDT.aml. Do NOT choose Audio injection in Clover/Devices if you use the SSDT as this amounts to attempting double injection!
iii/ Add the x99 patch (replacement of 208C by 208D basically in AppleHDAController) from the config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist KextsToPatch section to your Clover config.plist. The audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0g.command script does not do it automatically - @toleda do you think this could be added to the script?
iv/ Run the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0g.command, say y to Realtek 1150, no to 4600 HDMI, no to Clover Audio Injection (double check in Clover Configurator afterwards as i think it still enables it by getting Audio to 1) watch it complete and reboot

Hmmm, after following alfaSZ's instructions I've managed to get audio working (woo!), though at a price. I now have an issue where, during boot, the computer only completes the boot sequence every 3rd or so attempt, every other time simply restarting at the 'HDAEnabler' line. Anyone experienced this?

Edit: with a little more testing it doesn't seem to be consistently at the "HDAEnabler" line. Also seems to happen around the [IOBluetoothHCIController] line and a couple of others. Not sure what this is related to.

Edit 2: Well, for anyone with similar issues, it seems the core of my problem was my FakeSMC.kext. After playing with several of Clover's options, I finally tried replacing the stock FakeSMC with one I got from another thread about installing to an x99 board. http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/170818-12-core-x99-hackintosh-pro-build.html. All's good now!

is it possible to get your config.plist file from your EFI partition, I'm trying to get 10.11 or 10.10 working and -v shows it stops as soon as I try to load clover EFI. I'm new to hackintosh.

I have pretty similar hardware to yours

Xeon 2630LV3
32GB DDR4 ECC
X99E ITX
256GB SM951 NVME version
2TB SSHD Seagate
Nvidia GT 610

Tried using both unibeast and using Clover EFI

with -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 cpus=1

disabled VT-d in efi bios and secure boot disabled

any help is greatly appreciated

Hi guys,
I'm building my first Mackintosh here and I'm struggling getting started. My questions are pretty basic, and forgive me if I'm asking ignorant ones.
I've created my USB boot drive with Unibeast per instructions. I'm stuck on step 2 of the first post: Steps 2.1 and 2.2 - these folders don't show up in my USB directory. Do I need to create them? What am I missing as a total noob here?
I tried Clover and had no success so I'm trying to follow this thread :)
Thanks,
Jon

I found the answers here (link below) in case anyone else is having trouble. I didn't realize that when the boot loader appears, all you have to do is start typing and a text entry field will appear for the npci=0x2000 :)

[video=youtube;CjMXkB2wMWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjMXkB2wMWE[/video]

Just out of curiousity, will this guide work with El Capitan? I'm also using a GTX 970 (Evga variant), but could not find drivers for it nvidia's site.

As a reference, I bought 2 sticks of this 16gb ram in amazon:

Kingston Technology 16GB RAM 2133MHz DDR4 ECC Reg CL15 DIMM DR x 4 with TS Server Memory (KVR21R15D4/16)

Your motherboard ECC not supported.
How can work
Can you post screenshot about ECC

What's bios are you running?

I'm running the latest and can't get anywhere with it :(

I've created Unibeast with MBR, but when booting I just get a blinking cursor. When using GUID, I can get into the installer, but hangs right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back