Contribute
Register

Unique! X99 Mini-ITX Build - ASRock X99E-ITX/ac - SSD SM951 - 6 core 5820K - 32GB - GTX970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got all my parts earlier than excepted. Everything up and running now except audio and problems waking up from sleep.

Can you please point me in the right direction for audio, luchazo?

Thanks again for the guide, saved me many hours!

Also curious about waking from sleep issues. Is it possible to get sleep working properly on this (or any) X99 boards?

Audio was a little trickier, but it works too. It has the ALC1150 chip, so you need to focus on that to make it work. I have the details on how to do it, but I'm not at home right now.

Also, bluetooth is trickier once you use it. It may be disconnected as reported by other users, specially if you're sharing the same keyboard and trackpad with other computers.

Hey man,

I've got the x99x Killer motherboard and ive already got it work using the same guide. I've got pretty much the same other components except for your m.2 651 ssd. I'm pretty happy with it except for the Audio.

Although I do still have the ALC 1150 too, I've just not been able to get it to work by selecting the ALC1150 kext on multibeast. It installs it fine and the audio icon appears in the status bar but no sound output though front/green audio inputs. Apparently audio works on HDMI and DVI inputs but I require all normal 3.5mm ports to work.

In fact it works but really badly through the generic voodoo audio kext.

Would really appreciate it if you could tell us how you got audio to work.

Thanks mate

I've just not been able to get it to work by selecting the ALC1150 kext on multibeast.
Only the 10.9.5 AppleHDA.kext with the x99 patch works.

MultiBeast

1. MultiBeast 6.5 - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC 1150
  2. plus √ Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support
  3. MultiBeast/Build/install
  4. Download/Double Click/audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command.zip
HDEF Enabler (1 or 2, not both)

1. Download/Kext installer/HDAEnabler1.kext.zip
  2. Download/ssdt_hdef-1-x99_alza.zip
If still no audio, post to No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Only the 10.9.5 AppleHDA.kext with the x99 patch works.

MultiBeast

1. MultiBeast 6.5 - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC 1150
  2. plus √ Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support
  3. MultiBeast/Build/install
  4. Download/Double Click/audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command.zip
HDEF Enabler (1 or 2, not both)

1. Download/Kext installer/HDAEnabler1.kext.zip
  2. Download/ssdt_hdef-1-x99_alza.zip
If still no audio, post to No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Thanks a ton. I will try this :)

Hey Luchazo,
Would love to hear some more about how you got audio working, as I have essentially the same build, but with a 5960x. After following Toleda's guides I have audio devices recognized, but no output. Frustrating! Any info you could add about your experience would be awesome!

Thanks!
-T.

Let me second that - running the exact same setup (x99e-itx/ac, 32GB, 5820k, GTX970 plus SM951 NVMe, 2x850 PRO for storage) with Yosemite and Clover UEFI. I have tried quite a few methods including the one posted above by toleda and the cloverALC one but after a lot of experimentation I have almost given up on audio on this machine. Can someone who has audio working on the specific mobo document exact steps with as much info as possible please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back