Contribute
Register

Unique! X99 Mini-ITX Build - ASRock X99E-ITX/ac - SSD SM951 - 6 core 5820K - 32GB - GTX970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unique! X99 Mini-ITX mobo - ASRock X99E-ITX/ac X99

Hi! Been following your Hackintosh and excited that you got it working! I was inspired by your build and bought the exact same components sans the SSD but when I followed the exact same instructions, it just hangs after the [IOBluetooghHCIController][start] -- completed.

I also just had the -v flags and when I use that, the display goes into power save mode. I read somewhere that I should use the nv_disable = 1 and when I added that, it just hangs with the screen on '[IOBluetooghHCIController][start]'.

I'm using a Geforce 8400 GT as suggested on the other x99 build log before I read your 430, I'm hoping that doesn't make a difference. Did you install using the HDMI port or the DVI port? Thanks in advance!

Hi!

If you´re stuck on the io bluetooth line, and you´re using a video card that for sure is compatible with the standard drivers in osx, then just do the following:

I assume you cannot make the USB install stick boot, right?
I assume also that when creating the USB install stick you did the following steps:

Installation
1. Add VoodooTSCSync.kext (6 core or 8 core) to /Extra/Extensions on the UniBeast stick.
2. Add npci=0x2000 to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist under Kernel Flags on the UniBeast stick.
3. Patch the UniBeast USB drive's native kernel in place. Type the following in Terminal:

Assuming your UniBeast USB drive is called "USB" enter the following command:

Code:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
Patch info by Stinga11 -
(edit 2014-10-26 w/ single patch)​

If you followed the above steps when creating the USB stick, try the following many times (as crazy as it sounds, you may get the error 2 or 3 times, and then it will work, if you keep using the same boot flags. It happened to me)

use npci=0x2000 -v as bootflags when booting the install USB

If you get the error message, just reboot and do it again. It happened to me that sometimes, I got it 2 or even 3 times before it booted in the USB. Just keep using the same flags 2 or 3 times, until it boots.

If that doesn´t work, try these other flags: (but please try doing npci=0x2000 -v many times, because it happened to me that it would fail and suddenly it would boot.)

npci=0x2000 -v UseKernelCache=No

nv_disable is not needed, imo. Because it disables the nvidia drivers, and you still hasn´t installed them. You´ll use nvda_drv=1 once you installed the nvidia web drivers, later in the install process.

I used the HDMI port with my GT 430 with my LG ultrawide 34UC97
ANd when I´m able to install the GTX970 (after I installed the Nvidia web drivers) I can use Display Port in 60Hz with no problems, in my LG ultrawide 34UC97

Unique! X99 Mini-ITX mobo - ASRock X99E-ITX/ac X99

Looking good !

Can you confirm the exact memory part you used ? You mentioned 32Gb but with 2 ram slots you must be using 16Gb sticks....

Never mind, I found it :)

As a reference, I bought 2 sticks of this 16gb ram in amazon:

Kingston Technology 16GB RAM 2133MHz DDR4 ECC Reg CL15 DIMM DR x 4 with TS Server Memory (KVR21R15D4/16)

Does Chimera boot the SM951?

Hi Toleda!

Yes, it boots perfectly!
(I have the 512gb sm951 with 2 partitions, the 1st for OSX 10.10.4 and the 2nd for Win 8.1, and it boots fine on the 2 of them)

I used the unibeast method for 10.10.4 on it (with the specifics for X99 builds of course)
I applied the sudo command to enable TRIM and it worked too.

it shows super speeds too!

Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 7.07.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 3.16.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 11.02.10 AM.png

aja_2GBps.png

DiskSpeedTest.png

Yes, it works directly plugged in the m.2 pcie port of the motherboard.

Here a picture that shows that it fits on the X99E-ITX/ac
IMG_2926 - Copy.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back