GA-Z77x-UP4 TH
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
Asus GTX 1060 6GB OC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys!!

I'm having some trouble on my iHack build. I was trying to get HDMI audio working, and since I can't make any edits to my DSDT, I got really excited when that no DSDT/UEFI mode method thread by toleda showed up magically in front of me:p

But that went terrible, since I'm quite sure that Clover (which was in the EFI partition) wouldn't be loading the SSDT.aml file from the Extra folder, so I decided to re-run multibeast to install chimera, hoping that it would override the clover boot priority leaving it unused. Well, it didn't. :banghead:

At this point I was so mad that I decided to "Uninstall" clover by simply deleting all the files on the EFI partition, hoping, again, that chimera would show up, but now all that is left is a unbootable OS X partition, and a windows XP partition.

Now my question is if I erase or delete and create again the OS X partition, and run the installer will I be able to just use chimera once again normally or will I have to find a way to delete the entire EFI partition, and only then reinstall OS X?

Another thing (that I think is not that important), how can I get rid of the clover boot option on the MoBo setup?

Thanks!

If nothing else works, you can always do a clean install and open Disk Utility in the installer menu, then repartition the drive to 1 partition. This will create a new, clean EFI partition at the same time.

Hi guys!!

I'm having some trouble on my iHack build. I was trying to get HDMI audio working, and since I can't make any edits to my DSDT, I got really excited when that no DSDT/UEFI mode method thread by toleda showed up magically in front of me:p

But that went terrible, since I'm quite sure that Clover (which was in the EFI partition) wouldn't be loading the SSDT.aml file from the Extra folder, so I decided to re-run multibeast to install chimera, hoping that it would override the clover boot priority leaving it unused. Well, it didn't. :banghead:

At this point I was so mad that I decided to "Uninstall" clover by simply deleting all the files on the EFI partition, hoping, again, that chimera would show up, but now all that is left is a unbootable OS X partition, and a windows XP partition.

Now my question is if I erase or delete and create again the OS X partition, and run the installer will I be able to just use chimera once again normally or will I have to find a way to delete the entire EFI partition, and only then reinstall OS X?

Another thing (that I think is not that important), how can I get rid of the clover boot option on the MoBo setup?

Thanks!
You have 2 problems
1. We do not support any other sites methods of installation - no iHack support
2. If you have WinXP as a partition on the same drive as OS X, then you either had to have restored it to the MBR partition on your HDD or use a hacked installer - another thing this site does not support.

If you reformat the drive to GPT+ to be able to use the tools on this site to install OS X you will lose the WinXP partition and be unable to install WinXP on the HDD - there is no support in WinXP for installation on a GUID partition table formatted HDD.
If you want to keep a one HDD dual boot setup like you have now, your best bet is to get another HDD and install OS X on it properly. Create an image or backup of the properly installed OS X.
Next, erase the OS X partition on the WinXP drive, Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and then restore the image or backup to the OS X partition on the WinXP drive.
Mount the EFI partition and delete the contents, if any. Dismount the EFI partition.
Boot with UniBeast and run MultiBeast to install LAN, audio kexts and Chimera.

You have 2 problems
1. We do not support any other sites methods of installation - no iHack support
2. If you have WinXP as a partition on the same drive as OS X, then you either had to have restored it to the MBR partition on your HDD or use a hacked installer - another thing this site does not support.

1- The iHack was only a reference to the build in the signature, didn't even know about it being an installation method.
2- Only thing I did to install the XP was change the sata mode from ahci to ide, so it could load from the CD and after the install from the HDD.
3- Don't have money for another HDD. In fact I don't have money for a bottle of coke on the bar across the street:lol:

Also, I was able to boot OS X from a clover USB so I think the disk is not MBR since OS X can only be on a GPT, right?

1- The iHack was only a reference to the build in the signature, didn't even know about it being an installation method.
2- Only thing I did to install the XP was change the sata mode from ahci to ide, so it could load from the CD and after the install from the HDD.

You sound like you have the cd in the wrong motherboard sata port. Port 5 or 6 will auto-switch to ide for optical drives. Keep AHCI enabled.

If XP supports it, install UEFI. Just make sure XP boots to UEFI.

3- Don't have money for another HDD. In fact I don't have money for a bottle of coke on the bar across the street:lol:

Also, I was able to boot OS X from a clover USB so I think the disk is not MBR since OS X can only be on a GPT, right?

Maybe clover can boot XP? You may have to search around to figure it out, but there is a windows version of clover.

You sound like you have the cd in the wrong motherboard sata port. Port 5 or 6 will auto-switch to ide for optical drives. Keep AHCI enabled.
I don't know why, but I have a doubt about it, isn't the HDD suposed to be IDE too, and not just the CD/DVD drive? I'm not sure about the 64-bit version but the 32-bit that I have was released when sata didn't even existed (around 2002 or 2003)

I don't know why, but I have a doubt about it, isn't the HDD suposed to be IDE too, and not just the CD/DVD drive?

IDE is old support, AHCI is latest support. IDE is dumb and slow, AHCI is smarter and faster.

XP will need drivers installed during installation from floppy disk only for AHCI. Or a special program like nLite (similar to Unibeast/Multibeast) to make a new install cd with drivers pre-installed if you don't have a floppy.

I'm not sure about the 64-bit version but the 32-bit that I have was released when sata didn't even existed (around 2002 or 2003)

Not sure what you mean. The board, drive, OS? If you're saying windows xp is too old to support it, then that is why you need new drivers installed during installation. It can be changed from IDE to AHCI after installation with some registry hacks.

In the beginning you couldn't boot from CD when in achi mode, so later Intel altered ports 5 & 6 to support ide for CD booting. but ports 1 through 5 don't have this. You needed two drive controller to accomplish this for a while.

I find nothing for booting XP in GPT mode. It works as a data drives only.

You may have to do what Going Bald said and get a second drive to support both XP and OS X on same machine. I just seen a 500GB for sale free shipping and no tax for $49,99 this morning on newegg. Keep check often and you'll find one even cheaper. Remember, you can get an external drive and take the drive out of it and put it in your machine. I just got a 2.5" 1TB for $34.99 after rebates for a friend.

@ kduvernay
my bad, I meant to say Clover supports booting Windows, but not sure on XP.

I don't know why, but I have a doubt about it, isn't the HDD suposed to be IDE too, and not just the CD/DVD drive? I'm not sure about the 64-bit version but the 32-bit that I have was released when sata didn't even existed (around 2002 or 2003)
Then you have Leopard or Tiger. Snow Leopard wasn't released until August 2009 IIRC.

For 10.6.x and later, it is both the IDE vs SATA that is one problem and it is the MBR vs GUID partition tables that is another problem

WinXP will not install on a GUID partition table formatted HDD
OS X will not install on a MBR partition table formatted HDD unless you have the installer - a practice that is not supported on this site.
Using the tools on this site would require you to install OS X on a GPT+ formatted drive, which XP will not install on. You can, however, install OS X on a GPT+, image it, and restore the image to a MBR formatted drive. The downside to this is automatic updates will not work and it is not as stable.
You also need AHCI SATA ports for OS X. WinXP will only install IDE, but you can hit F6 during the install process and slipstream the AHCI drivers in.

Or, if you have SATA ports that are driven from AsMedia, jMicron or Marvell chips, you can use the method set forth in the XP + SL guide at http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html - just scroll down to the section on XP

If your system supports UEFI, you should install Clover UEFI for UEFI motherboards instead of normal Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back