Contribute
Register

Unibeast no longer supports external USB HDDs for install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sadly I think I already know the answer to this question but; I'm trying to install Yosemite using Unibeast 5.x but it's telling me it can't find my nicely setup external USB HDD (No Disk To Install On). The Mac;s Disk Utility works perfectly fine with it, the Mac mounts it in Finder etc etc.

I've been using Unibeast up to version 3.x and that was always perfectly happy using external USB HDDs to install from - why has support been dropped from 4.x & 5.x ? Is there a workaround or do I have to go out and buy a pointless USB stick just for the purpose? Sounds like a strange restriction....

Thanks,

Steve

Sadly I think I already know the answer to this question but; I'm trying to install Yosemite using Unibeast 5.x but it's telling me it can't find my nicely setup external USB HDD (No Disk To Install On). The Mac;s Disk Utility works perfectly fine with it, the Mac mounts it in Finder etc etc.

I've been using Unibeast up to version 3.x and that was always perfectly happy using external USB HDDs to install from - why has support been dropped from 4.x & 5.x ? Is there a workaround or do I have to go out and buy a pointless USB stick just for the purpose? Sounds like a strange restriction....

Thanks,

Steve

UniBeast will only write to an external drive with a partition of 32 GB or less. Larger drives will need to be partitioned.

Wow. Thanks for that Jithin. Partioned up my HDD in Disk Utility and away we go.

Sounds like something we should have a mention of in the install guide(s).

Thanks again.

Steve

Do i need another Hard Drive to install Unibeast and MacOS Mojave? Or Just one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back