Contribute
Register

Unibeast no longer supports external USB HDDs for install?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 760, HD 530
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Sadly I think I already know the answer to this question but; I'm trying to install Yosemite using Unibeast 5.x but it's telling me it can't find my nicely setup external USB HDD (No Disk To Install On). The Mac;s Disk Utility works perfectly fine with it, the Mac mounts it in Finder etc etc.

I've been using Unibeast up to version 3.x and that was always perfectly happy using external USB HDDs to install from - why has support been dropped from 4.x & 5.x ? Is there a workaround or do I have to go out and buy a pointless USB stick just for the purpose? Sounds like a strange restriction....

Thanks,

Steve

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 WINDFORCE / Intel HD Graphics 530
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sadly I think I already know the answer to this question but; I'm trying to install Yosemite using Unibeast 5.x but it's telling me it can't find my nicely setup external USB HDD (No Disk To Install On). The Mac;s Disk Utility works perfectly fine with it, the Mac mounts it in Finder etc etc.

I've been using Unibeast up to version 3.x and that was always perfectly happy using external USB HDDs to install from - why has support been dropped from 4.x & 5.x ? Is there a workaround or do I have to go out and buy a pointless USB stick just for the purpose? Sounds like a strange restriction....

Thanks,

Steve
UniBeast will only write to an external drive with a partition of 32 GB or less. Larger drives will need to be partitioned.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 760, HD 530
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Wow. Thanks for that Jithin. Partioned up my HDD in Disk Utility and away we go.

Sounds like something we should have a mention of in the install guide(s).

Thanks again.

Steve

Motherboard
Asus X540SA
CPU
Pentium
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics
Do i need another Hard Drive to install Unibeast and MacOS Mojave? Or Just one?