Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I have installed NVIDIA web drivers for my 1070 graphics card, but when i reboot it keeps flickering at start for a few times and then when it boots into High Sierra it just goes to Default graphics. Any thoughts? This is with a 1070 on a GA-z270x-Ultra gaming mobo
not a help thread, please create a new thread in the relevant forums, also as per rules, please update your hardware profile

nice job! its works thnx again.

Hi. I cant do a clean install of High Sierra. I succesfully managed to create USB stick with new Unibeast, but after initialization of installation when Apple logo appeares, the status bar starts to move, but then suddenly symbol of crossed circle appeares. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

Hi. I cant do a clean install of High Sierra. I succesfully managed to create USB stick with new Unibeast, but after initialization of installation when Apple logo appeares, the status bar starts to move, but then suddenly symbol of crossed circle appeares. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.
still not a help thread

please create a new post in the relevant forum please

Hi guys. How much time I have to wait before reboot after I give the No-convert script command? Thanks.

Don't mean to turn this into a help thread but this part of the No-convert instructions confused me:
9. (Optional) Prevent APFS file system- default to HFS

What worked for me:
-After starting the High Sierra installer program, the computer reboots. It is exactly at this time that one needs to boot again from the USB stick, select terminal, and run the no-convert script (which took about five minutes on my machine). Then quit and reboot (rest per the instructions in first post).

The script will not work before running the HS installer program. (Apologies if this was obvious to everyone but me....)

When I attempt to download High Sierra from the App Store it only downloads an installer file of 19MB or so. How can I download the whole install file to my app folder?

Great tutorial, worked just fine. Because my Sierra build involved a RAID 0 setup, I could not get the upgrade to work. So, I cloned my setup to an 480GB SSD, then performed the aforementioned build. I use a USB audio adaptor, and my audio works fine. When I rebooted, my previous Nvidia install noticed that the new OS needed drivers updated, so I was promoted to download new web-based drivers. I installed them and wallah! Everything works fine (see images below). And, the APFS shows up in Disk Utility. sdd.jpeg highsierra.jpeg

So is step 6 optional if I already had 10.12 on my boot drive?

So is step 6 optional if I already had 10.12 on my boot drive?

The guide shows step 6 as - At the Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option... I used it to complete the install process. Then, I rebooted and installed the web-based Nvidia drivers.

Good luck

Back