Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

The guide shows step 6 as - At the Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option... I used it to complete the install process. Then, I rebooted and installed the web-based Nvidia drivers.

Good luck
I'm asking if I have to do it again, since my boot drive is already formatted it from me installing macOS Sierra before. I've done this before.

So is step 6 optional if I already had 10.12 on my boot drive?
If you are referring to Step 2-6, then, yes, it's optional if you already have Sierra installed.

Success with:
* Asus H170E-HD3
* i3-6100
* Gigabyte GT1030 fanless
* Very old SSD, don't even remember which (Sandisk?)
* Ethernet, Audio, USB3 are OK.

Only two problems:
Microsoft wireless mouse sometimes lags, jumps, moves erratically. Keyboard from the same set is OK.
When the 10.12.6 was running, no mouse problem encountered.
Same comp runs Win10 from another SSD pretty well.

H265 playback doesn't work from GT1030. Or I don't know how to enable and use it. VLC doesn't support it yet, Kodi lags...

I followed this method for an NUC 7i7BNH (in which I had installed a 250gb Samsung NVMe SSD but had problems getting with the post install. While Disk Utility (High Sierra install) would see the EFI partition it wouldn't mount it and the various post install tools wouldn't either.

I then tried to add a FAT partition for EFI to the APFS container but it didn't work.

So I started from scratch from the High Sierra install USB stick and formatted the SSD in FAT. At some point either here or in the next step I named the FAT partition EFI. (If you don't do it initially you should be able to erase and rename it – do this before you put anything in it, of course.) I then added another partition which I formatted in APFS, and resized the EFI partition to a few GB with the APFS partition occupying the remainder. Now the both the EFI and APFS partitions mount.

If you want to follow this approach, do it in this order: first FAT for the whole drive, then create the APFS partition and resize the FAT partition.

Still can't boot without the stick, though. I'm not focusing on that for the moment but wanted to put this out there in case it helps someone else.

I'm getting the dreaded "Selected Mac OS Installer is Incomplete" error. Is there a new fix on this like the one from Sierra? Already tried the receipt change and it's not working.

ytfbmf.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, when I launch UniBeast on my Mac and get to Part 11 of Step 2, it won't let me select or highlight High Sierra despite it showing up. Anyone know how to fix this?

Hi, when I launch UniBeast on my Mac and get to Part 11 of Step 2, it won't let me select or highlight High Sierra despite it showing up. Anyone know how to fix this?
have you downloaded High Sierra from Appstore?

So, your saying we could put MacOS on a M.2 say Samsung 960 EVO, and not have to do anything special?
I had lots of issues with the EVO 960 M.2 NVMe. Solution that worked for me was going into terminal (before disk utility) and running the "diskutil list" command. I could see the EVO 960 NVMe SSD in there. Then ran a format command to format it before going to disk utility. Command was "diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ Name_Here /dev/disk0" you will have to get the disk name from the previous command, mine was "disk0".

Then exit terminal, load up Disk Utility, and you should (fingers crossed) see your NVMe. Then, erase it (like normal), and move through installation. Best of luck!

I get to the last step of section 4 (Installing Mac OS High Sierra). Boot to the USB drive, and then attempt to boot from the macOS drive to finish the High Sierra install/setup... machine restarts. Done this 4-5 times. Never gets to the final Mac OS X setup like everyone else is getting. All previous steps went really well up to this point.

Ran clover in verbose mode and see these "Begin Gfx firmware load process" messages over and over.

I also see two other icons not mentioned called "Boot FileVaultPrebooter from Preboot" and "Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot". Not sure what those are.

Help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 9.48.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 9.48.58 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 10.34.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 10.34.49 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Back