Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll need to use a PCI (or PCI-e) FW card that used the TI or Oxford chipset. I buy my FW cards from Other World Computing (macsales.com) who is a Mac 3rd party house. Their external drive cases are the best, too.

You'll need to use a PCI (or PCI-e) FW card that used the TI or Oxford chipset. I buy my FW cards from Other World Computing (macsales.com) who is a Mac 3rd party house. Their external drive cases are the best, too.

+1.

By the way, I'm playing with Clover on another external drive. In order to boot in UEFI mode, I've had to update my GTX650's BIOS to latest official version (F21, which includes UEFI GOP support) and also my mobo's BIOS to a modded F15r beta version from tweaktown (which includes complete UEFI support).

This beta version seems to solve the Startech's adapters issue: at least the computer shuts down correctly. Sleep doesn't work now, but it could be due to Clover or any other change.

I'll keep you informed…

Just set up the same thing except that I still haven't decided upon the graphics card yet. And from what I've read, it seems like the on-board graphics will be more than enough for me anyways.

Everything went incredibly smooth with the installation of both components and the software.

• GA-Z77X-UD5H Z77
  • Intel® Core i7-3770K
  • Intel® SSD 520 Series 240GB
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB
  • Corsair H70 Cooler + 2x SP120 Quiet Edt.

Somehow in my case the green port worked fine out of the box as did the red (or orange ?) one for output/input, not that the colors really matter Seems to be a bit random what works there.

I just have one question since this is my first build. I still have not touched any settings in the BIOS, is that necessary ?

Thnx for a great and informative post! :thumbup:

Just set up the same thing except that I still haven't decided upon the graphics card yet.

It will depend on the usage you make of it and on your budget. If you don't do any video editing and/or gaming the HD4000 will be enough.

I just have one question since this is my first build. I still have not touched any settings in the BIOS, is that necessary ?

If you don't overclock and everything works ok, you don't need to touch your BIOS settings.

Cheers !

Hi ultrazone,

thanks for your tutorial, i did a fresh install using MB 5.3 and notice that maolJ’s AtherosL1cEthernet is no longer there, i tried to install with Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2 but the the second network port is never detected, can you give me some advice on this?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers from Portugal

Hi ultrazone,

thanks for your tutorial, i did a fresh install using MB 5.3 and notice that maolJ’s AtherosL1cEthernet is no longer there, i tried to install with Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2 but the the second network port is never detected, can you give me some advice on this?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers from Portugal

Hi !

The Atheros' adapter never worked fine for me, so I disabled it in BIOS. I'm using the Intel E1000 and a Sonnet PCIe adapter (it's in my components' list) without problems.

So I can't help you diagnose any further regarding the Atheros adapter. But anyway, if you have installed Shailua's version too maybe you have a conflict since you have both kexts installed. To check this, go to /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext and right-click this file to choose "Show package contents". Search for the folder "Plugins" and delete "AtherosL1cEthernet" if you also have ALXEthernet there. After that, repair permissions with Disk Utility and reboot.

This way you can find out if you have two kexts for the same device. Within "IONetworkingFamily.kext" you should have only one, AtherosL1cEthernet or ALXEthernet.

Hope it helps ! Cheers !

Problem solved, presonus firebox works perfectly well with firewire card with TI chip, no audio clip, sound perfect, as in my old MAC!!

I'm really surprised the audio performance on this hardware configuration, surprising.

Thanks for the help really good forum.

Definitely Clover works !

Overclock & GeekBench improvement + better power management via SSDT at 4,7Ghz/70W.

GeekBench - 4700Mhz.jpg

Please have a look at my temps & voltages:

HWMonitor - 4700Mhz.jpg

Do you think they're ok guys ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !

Hello folks, ive followed this guide carefully (with exactly the same components, except for less RAM), but i have a sirious problem, on the installer i dont have my mouse recognized :cry:, i have tried to plug it into all my ports and nothing. please help me! thanks a lot in advance.

EDIT:

SOLVED: I just connected an Apple Mouse and it worked!! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back