Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 570
My Hackintosh is working really well apart from the Titan Ridge Thunderbolt.
When I go to System Report under PCI the Thunderbolt card shows but anything I connect to it like a hard disc for example it does not show up but on my mac laptop the thunderbolt connection works so I know the disc is okay.
Any suggestions as to how I can get the thunderbolt working????

Yes, have a read of the guide created by @CaseySJ linked below. It is primarily aimed at the Z490 Vision D, but has specific links for your Z490 G motherboard. So you need to read the guide completely to understand which parts are aimed at your 'G' board.

The Thunderbolt Activation section will obviously be of particular interest to you. But don't ignore the other sections, as you may find CaseySJ has solved some other less pressing issues you are facing with your system.

My Hackintosh is working really well apart from the Titan Ridge Thunderbolt.
When I go to System Report under PCI the Thunderbolt card shows but anything I connect to it like a hard disc for example it does not show up but on my mac laptop the thunderbolt connection works so I know the disc is okay.
Any suggestions as to how I can get the thunderbolt working????
Hi there,

I have the Z490 working as well, my build is underneath my signature. Thanks to CaseySJ's work, Thunderbolt is relatively easy to implement on Z490.

The primary files you'll need are SSDT-DTPG & either SSDT-TB3 or SSDT-TB3-HP for hotplug use on Titan Ridge. If you've enabled your card already in BIOS then you should be able to run a TB hard drive no problem. Enabling the Thunderbolt to run closer like a Mac Pro however with proper hot-plug will require some extra work. You'll need to get hold of a SOIC8 chip programmer and some cables to flash the TB chip on your card or motherboard. CaseySJ has a full guide on how to do this in the Z490/B550 threads.

Hi there,

I have the Z490 working as well, my build is underneath my signature. Thanks to CaseySJ's work, Thunderbolt is relatively easy to implement on Z490.

The primary files you'll need are SSDT-DTPG & either SSDT-TB3 or SSDT-TB3-HP for hotplug use on Titan Ridge. If you've enabled your card already in BIOS then you should be able to run a TB hard drive no problem. Enabling the Thunderbolt to run closer like a Mac Pro however with proper hot-plug will require some extra work. You'll need to get hold of a SOIC8 chip programmer and some cables to flash the TB chip on your card or motherboard. CaseySJ has a full guide on how to do this in the Z490/B550 threads.
Thanks for the reply, newbie here so needing help as you can see.
Where is your signature??? I cannot see info related to Z490
Thanks

Thanks
1.jpg

Thanks

Here?

arrows.jpg

Thanks
Thanks @Feartech and @UtterDisbelief! Yes, please click on the two magic words that says Rodimus Prime for the build page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back