Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

After you reach the Catalina install window it let's you choose the HDD to install too? Then install proceeds and reboots? Then what shows on the clover boot screen the second time? What are your choices?
The fact is I'm not even reaching this choice step - I'm stuck to Clover... On and on and on... Should I format my HDD to APFS from my laptop ?

The fact is I'm not even reaching this choice step - I'm stuck to Clover... On and on and on... Should I format my HDD to APFS from my laptop ?
You are not really describing the issue very well, Clover over and over? Can you see the option to install Catalina once Clover boots? If not you have not created the install media correctly.

You are not really describing the issue very well, Clover over and over? Can you see the option to install Catalina once Clover boots? If not you have not created the install media correctly.
Allright. Let me be more specific then.
1- I create the key with UniBeast
2- I set up the BIOS
3- I boot from the key (UEFI : SanDisk...)
4- Here is Clover : I enter "install Catalina"
5- The Apple logo and the bar progress
6- Seems to reboot : proposing entering the bios (I don't do anything) and it gets to Clover "Install Catalina"
for ever...
I never get to a time it proposes me a disk to write the installation...

Allright. Let me be more specific then.
1- I create the key with Unibeast
2- I set up the BIOS
3- I boot from the key (UEFI : SanDisk...)
4- Here is Clover : I enter "install Catalina"
5- The Apple logo and the bar progress
6- Seems to reboot : proposing entering the bios (I don't do anything) and it gets to Clover "Install Catalina"
for ever...
I never get to a time it proposes me a disk to write the installation...
Okay, that is better information, the USB install drive is incomplete. You are skipping the step that after Unibeast completes you have to mount the EFI Partition on the USB drive and then replace it with Modmikes Clover EFI folder download. Otherwise you'll be stuck forever.

Mount the partition using clover configurator then delete the EFI folder Unibeast created, empty the trash, and finally copy and paste in Modmikes. It should boot then, you can also add the verbose option to see what its doing. At the clover boot screen press the space bar and scroll down to select "Verbose" (-v). If it hangs again you can take a picture of it and post it for more help.

Okay, that is better information, the USB install drive is incomplete. You are skipping the step that after Unibeast completes you have to mount the EFI Partition on the USB drive and then replace it with Modmikes Clover EFI folder download. Otherwise you'll be stuck forever.

Mount the partition using clover configurator then delete the EFI folder Unibeast created, empty the trash, and finally copy and paste in Modmikes. It should boot then, you can also add the verbose option to see what its doing. At the clover boot screen press the space bar and scroll down to select "Verbose" (-v). If it hangs again you can take a picture of it and post it for more help.

Did it all over again !
It now leads me to panic messages...
Here's the verbose

Attachments

• DFC_9272.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 46
Did it all over again !
It now leads me to panic messages...
Here's the verbose
No idea, maybe try one of his OpenCore EFI folders instead. I know those work, you can always switch back to Clover if you can get install completed. You are mounting the hidden EFI folder right?

No idea, maybe try one of his OpenCore EFI folders instead. I know those work, you can always switch back to Clover if you can get install completed. You are mounting the hidden EFI folder right?
OK I'll do it.
Thanks for your time.
I'll come back and post the next verbose for everyone... unless I get a success !!! (in which case I'll tell anyway !)

Hi everyone,
Trying to boot my config... I get panic messages (and no luck with OC EFI).
Here's the verbose.
I wish someone could tell me what's going on ;)
Thanks !

Attachments

• DFC_9272.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 48
Hi everyone,
Trying to boot my config... I get panic messages (and no luck with OC EFI).
Here's the verbose.
I wish someone could tell me what's going on ;)
Thanks !
Here is the thing, there is no information in the panic report anyone can use to help and my understanding is that’s usually true. That and because the system crashes so quickly there aren’t any other logs to check. Basically that means something in your system bios is set wrong or your boot disk is setup incorrectly and unfortunately only
you can figure it out.
There is one thing that might help if you are certain you followed the guide correctly. Try updating or reflashing the bios and then reentering the settings from page one. Both bootloaders can mess with the BIOS, flashing it takes care of that.

Last edited:
I follow the guide for my new Hackitosh to use during Internet, movie viewing, writing and daily work.
All seems to work fine, with only a strange issue. The DVD reader sometimes, with a very random time, open and close the tray for days nothing, then in a one day many times.

Catalina 10.15.4, ASUS Z390-E Gaming, i5-9600K, 16GB Vegeance, Vega 64, Pioneer 103 DVD recorder.

Any idea?

Does the same thing happen with another operating system or is it just OSX? Is your keyboard triggering it too open maybe?
I had only OsX, no other Os on this computer, my keyboard not have key to open close dvd door.
The same keyboard on other computer (win and Osx) never give me this problem, the same dvd recorder never give me problem under other WinMac Os, but i never used under catalina.
The strange thing is that it's completely random, yesterday nothing, today from when i start up computer it give me this problem.

Back