Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

It worked for me, following these instructions.
Thanks a lot!
But the Clover version is outdated, thus I was not able to boot my migration from HS.
Updated Clover, and it booted.

Hey all,

I'm up and running after following this guide. Haven't done the GPU optimization stage yet, but I'm noticing some issues which actually pertain more to Windows than MacOS. Not sure if y'all can help me with that.

So I'm dual booting, obviously, and when I load up Windows there seems to be connectivity issues with my motherboard. The Armoury Crate software can't find my motherboard, Windows seems to forget the time every reboot, and... the sidebar in windows Explorer is missing?

Are these common issues when you dual boot through Clover? I installed macOS first, then Windows second. And yes I went through clover bootloader for both.

Let me know if you have any ideas!

Hi All,

I keep getting random reboots with the below reports. Anyone know what's causing this and if there's a fix?

I'm running nearly the same hardware are Modmike except I have a Nitro+ 5700 XT and a BCM94360NG wifi card.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 8.58.52 AM.png

So I was able to get this build up and running yesterday; overall pretty smooth. Thank you @ModMike for capturing all of the changes over such a long period of time.

I'm currently running igpu only but same main components. upgraded bios first thing. I just encountered a crash after waking. Everything is working, sleep/wake even worked a couple times. I did the 10.15.5 update this morning, but not clear that would be the issue. I just spent an hour searching thru this build thread but didn't find anything specific to crashing after wake. I've got a fresh install but checked the remediation steps anyway. Hackintool power tab is all green.

As I've been inspecting all the nooks and crannies, I can't believe I didn't notice this before. I only have a single 16GB DIMM in place at the moment. (awaiting board replacement since it won't POST if both are installed) But the board only has 2 DIMM slots, why on earth does it see 4 slots?

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 11.59.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

First of all thank you @ModMike for the guide, built my first hackintosh following it. I ve been using it no problem for a month or two with no problem. But it was shut down for a week or two and I wanted to start it up again today but there was no image on the screen it was just black, monitor didnt register any input. I am using the integrated graphics I dont have a seperate gpu. Has anyone dealt with such an issue, any help would be appriciated.

Thanks mate, I'll give that a go.

Another issue now -- I finally just received my DW1560 wifi module, and Wifi works great, but Bluetooth won't find any devices. Any idea what I could try?
Sorry, I'm still waiting for my card. But I'd be interested to know the fix for this in case I run into it too.

Thanks mate, I'll give that a go.

Another issue now -- I finally just received my DW1560 wifi module, and Wifi works great, but Bluetooth won't find any devices. Any idea what I could try?
Do you have the antennas connected to the board?

Hi everyone,

First of all thank you @ModMike for the guide, built my first hackintosh following it. I ve been using it no problem for a month or two with no problem. But it was shut down for a week or two and I wanted to start it up again today but there was no image on the screen it was just black, monitor didnt register any input. I am using the integrated graphics I dont have a seperate gpu. Has anyone dealt with such an issue, any help would be appriciated.
Something happened to bork your system, turning it off and leaving it does nothing harmful. Check your BIOS settings and if needed use your USB Boot Drive to start the system. If that doesn't work recreate the boot drive and according to another user update Clover after. Modmikes not maintaining the uploads at this time.

Back