Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hi everybody,

Anyone succeed with Final Cut Pro 10.4.6 working on Mojave ?

THX !

You mean ? For me its working in 10.15.1, too

You can do it from Windows too, if its more comfortable for you,

Very easy. You need to start comman as admin.

Fire up diskpart.

List disk <there will be all the USB/HDD/SSD in system. Choose wisely.
Select disk 0 <first try
List partition < if partition scheme is first 200MB second big as your SSD/HDD and Partition type unknown. This is what you need.
Select partition 1 < EFI part is first in most cases.
Assign letter=b.
Exit

Now run Total Commander with admin privileges to copy the kext to the right place (delete the old one before copying) from here. EFI shows up as drive B.
I'll have to try this at some point. Total Commander looks interesting by itself even though I don't spend much time in windows.

Hello!

About a month ago, I followed this excellent guide and to build my first hackintosh.

Life was good. Great even.

Until yesterday... Silly me thought it would be a good idea to run the auto updater without backing anything up.

Today, I am a sad panda.

As far as I can tell, the installation went OK. However, when I boot from Clover, after the loading bar clears, I am presented with a black screen.

Would it be possible to ask for help to get things running again?

Thanks!
Hi.
My update to 10.15.1 was normal with one strange think- after reboot I'm also got black screen.
But, at the same time, I saw that the HDD LED is blinking.
I realized that the update is ongoing, and it's just a screen glitch. I just waited 20min, and everything went well.

Hi.
My update to 10.15.1 was normal with one strange think- after reboot I'm also got black screen.
But, at the same time, I saw that the HDD LED is blinking.
I realized that the update is ongoing, and it's just a screen glitch. I just waited 20min, and everything went well.
Mine did the same thing. But even after 20 minutes the display never resolved. I found the answer why here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-15-1-update.286059/

Last edited:
L

Is that a Noctua NH-112? It seems your into the SFF builds. Did you encounter any issues by removing the mobo heatsinks>
It’s Alpenföhn Black Ridge - and it does not fit with the heatsink on this mobo. No issues, but I need to improve the airflow in general. Running Kolink Rocket and replaced the original 80mm case fan with slim Noctua 92mm and added another Noctua for intake.

Thanks for the guide, I am trying to install on this motherboard with an i9-9900k and a 5700XT (I know it just barely got supported), using the latest Catalina Installer app from the App Store. For some reason the installer will not boot, it is getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 and then rebooting itself shortly after that shows in the boot log.

Thanks for the guide, I am trying to install on this motherboard with an i9-9900k and a 5700XT (I know it just barely got supported), using the latest Catalina Installer app from the App Store. For some reason the installer will not boot, it is getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 and then rebooting itself shortly after that shows in the boot log.
Did you try it with the IGPU?

Did you try it with the IGPU?

Yes, I had a booting hack before with the iGPU on the same hardware, minus the GPU, that had issues in macOS so I replaced it with Windows again. However my goal right now is to get this dGPU to work, so installing with the iGPU would probably be a waste right?

Yes, I had a booting hack before with the iGPU on the same hardware, minus the GPU, that had issues in macOS so I replaced it with Windows again. However my goal right now is to get this dGPU to work, so installing with the iGPU would probably be a waste right?
That kind of depends on you, whatever patches need to be applied can be done after install. I haven't researched your card but I have read support is mixed for the 5700XTs. I'd suggest you search outside this forum being you are the first to try that card here and post about it.

Last edited:
Edit: Your card is supposed to be supported according to this post. "Whatevergreenkext either needs to be disabled or removed or you can use this boot argument. agpdmod=pikera"

Last edited:
Back