Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hello and thank you for your time for the finalization of this hackintosh :) New in this world, and I am has my first configuration. I put DGPU-EFI file because I use a sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64. Unlike WiFi, I put a Broadcom Bcm94360cs2 with a adapter NGFF m.2 key A / E.
And everything works perfectly well. Thanks to you ModMike :thumbup::clap:
Capture d’écran 2019-11-03 à 13.07.06.png
Capture d’écran 2019-11-03 à 13.09.26.pngCapture d’écran 2019-11-05 à 00.59.19.png

Last edited:
How to get an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card to run on an ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming

You need to upgrade to macOS 10.15.1 (Final) and select the assembly CATAL-DGPU-EFI.zip. After that, you need to manually update the files:

Lilu.kext version 1.3.9 or later

WhateverGreen.kext version 1.3.4 or later

Clover can not be updated to a new version (it works like that).

To make it work you need to use a modified config. I added the Graphics section there, and added the boot argument agdpmod = pikera, and left everything else as @ModMike. Do not forget to add your SMBiOS to the config. I am using iMac 19.1 (9900K).

Full CLOVER folder for RX 5700 XT on macOS Catalina 10.15.1:

I have been using this assembly for many hours now and have not seen any problems. Metal technology works.

The only thing is, after upgrading from Mojave to Catalina, for some reason my computer wakes up 10 to 15 minutes after switching to sleep mode, but then it immediately falls asleep and no longer turns itself on. I don’t know what this may be connected with.

Снимок экрана 2019-11-03 в 15.46.34.jpg

Снимок экрана 2019-11-03 в 15.49.53.jpg

Снимок экрана 2019-11-03 в 15.55.39.jpg

My BIOS settings:

191103125108.jpg

191103125116.jpg

191103125124.jpg

Hi ... I followed this guide up to step 16. "Install Mojave.", everything goes well until the system restarts to boot from the SSD I'm installing Mojave, I get the apple logo and progress bar, but it gets stuck at around 40% and sometimes at around 80-90%.
Appreciate the help, thanks.

Here is my setup:
ASUS Z390-I / BIOS v2471
i5-9600K
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
AMD RX 5700 XT

Hi ... I followed this guide up to step 16. "Install Mojave.", everything goes well until the system restarts to boot from the SSD I'm installing Mojave, I get the apple logo and progress bar, but it gets stuck at around 40% and sometimes at around 80-90%.
Appreciate the help, thanks.

Here is my setup:
ASUS Z390-I / BIOS v2471
i5-9600K
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
AMD RX 5700 XT

Did you see the posts prior to yours talking about the 5700 XT and how to make it work?

How to get an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card to run on an ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming

You need to upgrade to macOS 10.15.1 (Final) and select the assembly CATAL-DGPU-EFI.zip. After that, you need to manually update the files:

Lilu.kext version 1.3.9 or later

WhateverGreen.kext version 1.3.4 or later

Clover can not be updated to a new version (it works like that).

To make it work you need to use a modified config. I added the Graphics section there, and added the boot argument agdpmod = pikera, and left everything else as @ModMike. Do not forget to add your SMBiOS to the config. I am using iMac 19.1 (9900K).

View attachment 434173

View attachment 434184

Full CLOVER folder for RX 5700 XT on macOS Catalina 10.15.1:

Thanks for sharing this, that helped me resolve my problem with boot loops but I have run into another issue now. When I boot I get to the license screen but the graphics on the screen are very broken half of the screen is green for some reason (see attachment) indicating a graphical issue. This is with the boot arg agdpmod = pikera. If I disable that boot arg it just shows a black screen. I tried looking through the config and checking kexts again but I can't find a place where this issue may lie. My monitor is a 1080p 60Hz plugged in via Display Port on the graphics card.

Attachments

• IMG_9068.png
    IMG_9068.png
    25.4 MB · Views: 53
I changed the BIOS setting “Primary Display” to Auto. Now, without additional BIOS setup, I can use my hackintosh on the integrated UHD 630 graphics or on the discrete AMD 5700 XT graphics by inserting it into the PCE slot. Everything fully works.

191103184318.jpg

Thanks for sharing this, that helped me resolve my problem with boot loops but I have run into another issue now. When I boot I get to the license screen but the graphics on the screen are very broken half of the screen is green for some reason (see attachment) indicating a graphical issue. This is with the boot arg agdpmod = pikera. If I disable that boot arg it just shows a black screen. I tried looking through the config and checking kexts again but I can't find a place where this issue may lie. My monitor is a 1080p 60Hz plugged in via Display Port on the graphics card.
Try updating the BIOS to the latest version, and then configure it 1 in 1, as it is written on the first page.

I have not encountered such problems with screen flickering or screen freezing. I generally had no problems using my EFI build.

Try updating the BIOS to the latest version, and then configure it 1 in 1, as it is written on the first page.

I have not encountered such problems with screen flickering or screen freezing. I generally had no problems using my EFI build.

Yeah i'm not sure, I have the latest BIOS (2603) and mirrored the settings in the first post. What settings are you using in Clover? Are you using UniBeast still or making the USB with createInstallMedia and then installing Clover over that? I tried both r5082 and r5097 installed directly to the vanilla install USB. I couldn't find a UniBeast for Catalina, so I was just making the USB myself and then installing Clover on top of it, maybe that's the problem?

I am using these options:
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 4.38.25 PM.png

Yeah i'm not sure, I have the latest BIOS (2603) and mirrored the settings in the first post. What settings are you using in Clover? Are you using UniBeast still or making the USB with createInstallMedia and then installing Clover over that? I tried both r5082 and r5097 installed directly to the vanilla install USB. I couldn't find a UniBeast for Catalina, so I was just making the USB myself and then installing Clover on top of it, maybe that's the problem?

View attachment 434293
I just formatted the flash drive in FAT32 through Windows 10, and then added the EFI folder from the CATAL-DGPU-EFI.zpi archive to it.

Yeah i'm not sure, I have the latest BIOS (2603) and mirrored the settings in the first post. What settings are you using in Clover? Are you using unibeast still or making the USB with createInstallMedia and then installing Clover over that? I tried both r5082 and r5097 installed directly to the vanilla install USB. I couldn't find a unibeast for Catalina, so I was just making the USB myself and then installing Clover on top of it, maybe that's the problem?

View attachment 434293
You didn’t mention it but did you downgrade the version of Cover? Did you also update the versions of WEG and Lilu kexts or are you just using @iDrakus EFI folder? You can also try using the IGPU for display during install instead of your 5700 XT? Just disable DGPU in the bios.

Back