Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

I am only having issues I think Dell Disable the internal USB header.
I've never seen one disabled from the factory by Dell. Sometimes the BT cable from the Wifi card doesn't communicate properly with the USB 2.0 header. The cables are generally low quality. Which Wifi/BT card are you using.

Those cards are Intel based, they don't work natively like supported Broadcom cards do. You'll need to post elsewhere to get help.
Okay Thanks

If you have your Intel Wifi BT card working you can try this USBports.kext for the 3020 MT. Connect the BT cable from your wifi card to the blue colored USB 2.0 header.

The USBMap kext you were using must be deleted. Also remove the entry for it in the Kernel/Add section of your config.plist.

This 3020 MT USBports.kext (attached) goes in the OC kexts folder and you need to add it into your config.plist in the Kernel section. Let me know if it gets the BT working for you.

Attachments

• 3020.USBPorts.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
@trs96 I got it working I switch the headers. But I recognized with the blue USB header, the front 2.0 Ports work but one is just Power(Right) not Data and other is data(Left) . IS that normal or is that something able to be fixed.

I got it working I switch the headers.
Yes, I know that works but then you don't have front USB ports.
Put the BT cable on the blue USB 2 header and try my kext attached to post # 369. Report back.
I recognized with the blue USB header, the front 2.0 Ports work but one is just Power(Right) not Data and other is data(Left) . IS that normal or is that something able to be fixed.
That is normal, nothing we can do about it.

Yes, I know that works but then you don't have front USB ports.
Put the BT cable on the blue USB 2 header and try my kext attached to post # 369. Report back.

That is normal, nothing we can do about it.
Okay sounds good will try with the Bluetooth later since I had it and wasn’t seen as a USB does it need to told the difference between the power and USB

since I had it and wasn’t seen as a USB does it need to told the difference between the power and USB
The kext sets HS08 to internal. That is what you'll be connecting to. That has data and power. It's HS07 that only has power and no data. I've removed HS07 as you really have no use for it when the BT data cable is connected to HS08.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

Last edited:
Back