Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

The one that is hanging is using the iGPU.
Write out your complete hardware profile. Haswell i5 4600 is not good enough.

Examples:
i.e. Dell optiplex 9020 SFF i5-4570 HD4600 iGPU
Dell Optiplex 9020 MT i5-4770 Nvidia GT 710

Write out your complete hardware profile. Haswell i5 4600 is not good enough.

Examples:
i.e. Dell optiplex 9020 SFF i5-4570 HD4600 iGPU
Dell Optiplex 9020 MT i5-4770 Nvidia GT 710
Ok I filled in the build with the info I was able to pull through a linux boot USB. And I see it didn't post. Standby, sorry. The Graphics card is a Xeon E3-1200. (Put the info in my signature. Couldn't find where to edit the left box and the "Builds" panel didn't save anything.)

Last edited:
The Graphics card is a Xeon E3-1200.
That is a CPU not a Graphics card. It probably has no iGPU or Intel "P" graphics which won't work.

This is why the guide says to use a Core i3, i5 or i7 Haswell CPU with HD4600 and not a Xeon.

That is a CPU not a Graphics card. It probably has no iGPU or Intel "P" graphics which won't work.

This is why the guide says to use a Core i3, i5 or i7 Haswell CPU with HD4600 and not a Xeon.
Ok. That's what came up with an lshw in terminal on a linux boot USB. Let me see if I can boot a Windows drive and find out for sure. Or is the board marked somewhere?

Let me see if I can boot a Windows drive and find out for sure.
Once you figure out which CPU you've got enter it here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details

Screen_Shot_7.jpg

For the Motherboard entry simply put Dell Optiplex (7020 or 9020) and SFF or MT whichever it is.

Looked at the Linux a little deeper. I didn’t have a Win disk that would boot without changing the BIOS back. But here is what I found. Says it is an Intel HD4600.
HD 4600 works OOB when you use DP adapted to HDMI. It won't work with a VGA connection to a 16:10 aspect monitor. Are you using 15 pin VGA output from your Dell or one of the twp DP outputs ? If your monitor only has a VGA input then adapt DP to VGA and see if that works.

1628733168609.png

Last edited:
HD 4600 works OOB when you use DP adapted to HDMI. It won't work with a VGA connection to a 16:10 aspect monitor. Are you using 15 pin VGA output from your Dell or one of the twp DP outputs ? If your monitor only has a VGA input then adapt DP to VGA and see if that works.

View attachment 526777
Thank you so much!!!! Screamed right past the hang up this time. Woot woot!!!

Thank you so much!!!! Screamed right past the hang up this time. Woot woot!!!
@trs96 I was try to update my open core boot loader but I can't able to find bootstrap in the latest version.

Last edited:
Back