Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

I think I have done this correctly and still no changes to either problem. I have attached my config.plist file to take a look at. Thank you!
Using DP or HDMI from your graphics card ? Whichever one you are using, try connecting it to a different port.

Using DP or HDMI from your graphics card ? Whichever one you are using, try connecting it to a different port.
I only have the cable for the display port. I am booting the HD4600 on the display port (lower one) and then after it comes up with the login screen I pull the display port cable and insert it into the display port on the RX 480. The only way I can make it work. If I just boot with the RX 480 as soon as it switches to a GUI it turns the display off. Also any ideas on making the sound work?

I only have the cable for the display port. I am booting the HD4600 on the display port (lower one) and then after it comes up with the login screen I pull the display port cable and insert it into the display port on the RX 480. The only way I can make it work. If I just boot with the RX 480 as soon as it switches to a GUI it turns the display off. Also any ideas on making the sound work?

To make things less complicated, first remove the 480 and just boot to the desktop with HD4600. Check your audio then by going to System Prefs -> Sound and make sure it's the right output.

To make things less complicated, first remove the 480 and just boot to the desktop with HD4600. Check your audio then by going to System Prefs -> Sound and make sure it's the right output.
Card removed and no audio other than via the display port. Boots right up on HD4600.

Card removed and no audio other than via the display port. Boots right up on HD4600.
Try performing an OC snapshot (with ProperTree) of your config.plist. After that do the clean snapshot.

1606873667989.png

Then boot with the HD4600 again and check the audio prefs. Post a screen shot here of what you see in the Sound Output section.

Done. Here is all it shows.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 6.02.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 6.02.57 PM.png
    48 KB · Views: 61
If the OC snapshot doesn't fix it then you'll need to go through each section of your .plist and check to make sure all the quirks are set correctly. Check the other sections too. You can run your .plist through the sanity checker to see what may be not set correct. Go to the Haswell part of the Dortania guide to see the Quirks settings. Also recheck your BIOS settings as per the guide.

Of course you must choose Haswell in the CPU section before running this.

Screen Shot 13.jpg

If the OC snapshot doesn't fix it then you'll need to go through each section of your .plist and check to make sure all the quirks are set correctly. Check the other sections too. You can run your .plist through the sanity checker to see what may be not set correct. Go to the Haswell part of the Dortania guide to see the Quirks settings. Also recheck your BIOS settings as per the guide.

Of course you must choose Haswell in the CPU section before running this.

View attachment 499446
Sanity checks all pass other than this one under drivers...
  • NvmExpressDxe.efi should not be here!
I have followed the bios settings but may not be doing the "Unlock CFG and Increase DVMT to 64MB" Properly. Think this has anything to do with it?

I have followed the bios settings but may not be doing the "Unlock CFG and Increase DVMT to 64MB
Boot into the grub shell and check whether they are right as per the guide. I posted screenshots of each setting.

Sanity checks all pass other than this one under drivers...
Looks like you've still got the alcid=1 boot flag active so remove that and your audio and it should then work.

Screen Shot 17.jpg

See boot-args under 7C436110-AB

Back