Contribute
Register

Test Report: ASUS P8Z77-I Mini-ITX + 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait I fell dumb :shifty:

This is the only model :oops:

Weird! I've been trying to finish up the install, but no luck. I used GraphicEnabler=No to do the install, but can't boot into USB to make the terminal edits. I'll keep trying and report back.

AP2 said:
Weird! I've been trying to finish up the install, but no luck. I used GraphicEnabler=No to do the install, but can't boot into USB to make the terminal edits. I'll keep trying and report back.

Try booting with that again.

As for digiboy. Try remaking your Unibeast drive, I know it seems tedious but that may be the problem. How large is the USB drive.

Also try installing with the integrated GPU and see if that works, you can put the 570 back in later if it works.

If you have the wifi - bluetooth thingy hooked up try unplugging it.

WE SHALL CONQUER THIS BOARD!!!!

Wow, there's such a fine community here of committed hackintoshers. I freely admit through my bourbon induced haze that the BIOS is a messed up terror inducing place with WAAAAY too many non-sensical options. I have a whole new level of appreciation for the gurus here that delve beneath the surface to make all this work. That they even believe that it CAN work is a miracle to me. I just had my first full on -v 'verbose' mode experience and the stuff that I saw just scared me straight and made me think for a fleeting moment that I should have bought an iMac.

Steve was probably right and that's why he hid the BIOS from the general public. The BIOS is a MONSTER -- it's a BEAST!! I want my Mommy!!!

FINALLY! I was able to finish the install. Login into the Bio and immediately hit F5 to make sure i have loaded up Optimized Settings, hit F10 and save settings and rebooted. Used GraphicsEnabler=No and finally booted into bootable USB to do the terminal editss :)

Great news! Can you check what bios version you are running on?

Good luck with the rest of the install! And report back with any questions! :thumbup: :headbang:

Im on BIOS 0501 .

The only strange thing now... is upon boot up, it asks me

"press enter to start up Darwin/x86 with no options, ot you can:

-v or ? or enter to boot right thru. Can this be automated?

EDIT: Currently VPN connection does not work. I will throw my Sonnet network card in and see how that performs. kinda bummed out, cause i really wanted to install a GTX670 in this build.

What's vpn and what were your install settings for multibeast?

You can still boot right though? That was the case with my system, just had install chimera and I was good to go!

AP2 said:
Im on BIOS 0501 .

The only strange thing now... is upon boot up, it asks me

"press enter to start up Darwin/x86 with no options, ot you can:

-v or ? or enter to boot right thru. Can this be automated?
This is because you have not installed a theme for the boot loader in /Extra.

silkysmooth said:
What's vpn and what were your install settings for multibeast?

You can still boot right though? That was the case with my system, just had install chimera and I was good to go!

VPN = Virtual Private Network to connect to my office at work. I had the same issues before with my old z68 setup, but the Sonnet network card cured all my issues (VPN connection and Microsoft Remote Desktop app).

For Multibeast settings, I used Going Bald suggestion on the first page.

and yes.... I can still boot thru :)

Thanks Going Bald. I will install a theme tonight and go from there.

Thanks,
Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back