Contribute
Register

Test Report: ASUS P8Z77-I Mini-ITX + 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
try PCIRootUID=1

Thought I was in this time, but still the same old same old. You have the patience and sagacity of a saint.

Haha well it's because I'm very interested in this board and therefore I'm determined to find the solution, just in case I have the same issue. :thumbup:

Try turning off the integrated GPU.

Also, what USB port are you plugged into?

Here's another boot flag PCIRootUID=0

Try booting with the following boot flag:

npci=0x2000

then if that does not work try this:

-v -f npci=0x2000

if that does not work try this:

-x -v -f npci=2000

Try turning off all on board devices except for the SATA and USB.

Haha I know it's a lot but it must be attempted

I'm plugged into the generic USB 2.0 ports on the back of the board. I'm just using a cheap wired keyboard and mouse to stay 'wired'

I just hunted around the BIOS and in the advanced section under System Agent Configuration I found a sub-option for Graphics Configuration. You mentioned turning off the iGPU, my options under the Primary Display are 'Auto', iGPU, and PCIE. Since I couldn't turn iGPU off directly, I went with the PCIE option just for kicks and...

It didn't work. (Cue The Price is Right sad trombone sound.) :(

I know this sounds silly but are you sure you have this model or is it the DELUXE model?

I'm feeling a bit silly now. I DO have the deluxe model. I'm not really a Geek in Training and should be relegated back to Noob status. Does Asus REALLY have this many Z77 boards?!?! There's actually more than 1 version or their m-ITX model? I thought 'Deluxe' was just a marketing term to get guys like me to spend $50 over the AsRock board.

FWIW - I ran through the options you suggested and met with the same stomach-punch outcome. You've been so exceptionally kind, is there a special thread I can go to, sort of like a 'timeout' for noobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back