Contribute
Register

Test Report: ASUS P8Z77-I Mini-ITX + 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed my GTX 570 and extra stick of RAM and like AP2 I went back into the BIOS hit F5 for Optimized Defaults and saved out with F10. I also tried 'GraphicsEnabler=No' and ran into the familiar brick wall.

I'm going to make another Unibeast Stick with BridgeHelper 5.0 and hope for the best. I'll report back tomorrow...

My report is the same. Same troubles. Just to make sure my board wasn't wonky, I downloaded a Windows 8 trial and fired her up. Everything played together nicely, I screwed around with Windows for a bit then thought of better days using Lion. Now, I'm more resolved then ever -- I got to get this board working!

Before I left the wonderful world of Windows, I managed to update my BIOS. I then proceeded to give my newly made Unibeast stick one more try. I went to the Boot menu option, chose my stick and reset -- now I'm prompted to insert media and press the space bar. Again and again. :crazy:

I'm confused, plus it's too nice a day. I think I'll go the beach...

Haha, go to the beach and take a break. I feel like we're not doing something very simple that we're overlooking.

I just want to add a link to a thread I created regarding this motherboard. I had some problems and I asked some questions. After some conversation in the thread I have made a comment on how I got it working and what problems I still have:
viewtopic.php?p=413339&sid=b804f75dd84d6bd7629e72e231895627#p413339

This will maybe help some people out there. Big thanks to Going Bald, kduvernay and yodaoh.

How is it going with getting the included wireless network and bluetooth on the board to work?

SMHI said:
How is it going with getting the included wireless network and bluetooth on the board to work?
Couldn't get the internal to recognize any of my BT devices even when I got the BT working by itself so I gave up on it.
I replaced the card with an AR9280 wifi only and am using the dongle that came with the Logitech K750 (for Mac) for the keyboard which also works with the M570 trackball. Don't have any other BT devices, so don't need internal BT.

enjikaka said:
What's the difference between ASUS P8Z77-I and ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE?!
Will ASUS P8Z77-I (the non deluxe one) work with OSX? I'm planning on building on one, with the same processor as you (3570K) :geek:
Same board - there is only one Z77 itx board in ASUS lineup. Just too much trouble to type deluxe on the end all the time.

enjikaka said:
Will ASUS P8Z77-I (the non deluxe one) work with OSX?
They are different boards at two price points with an important distinction, audio on the P8Z777-I (not Deluxe) is VIA.

toleda said:
enjikaka said:
Will ASUS P8Z77-I (the non deluxe one) work with OSX?
They are different boards at two price points with an important distinction, audio on the P8Z777-I (not Deluxe) is VIA.
Is this a regional thing? When I go to ASUS website I do not find a non deluxe itx listed in the Z77 line-up.

Going Bald said:
Is this a regional thing? When I go to ASUS website I do not find a non deluxe itx listed in the Z77 line-up.
You are correct; the I no deluxe is an H77. There is a p8H77-I and no P8Z77-I. The P8H77-I has the VIA codec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back