Contribute
Register

SUCCESSFUL Yosemite Install with ASUS GTX 750 Ti - but with HDMI not working on NVIDIA Web Drivers 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
GIGABYTE GTX750Ti (GV-N75TOC-2GL) NOT WORKING!

I have a Gigabyte GTX 750Ti on a GA-Z97-D3H Motherboard. I installed the web driver on OSX 10.10.5 and installed the GTX onboard and everything worked absolutely fine with 2 HDMI running 2 displays. But this happened only one. Once I rebooted the system, the white screen with the apple logo is where I'm stuck. Can anyone help me here please...

I finally found a way to make my Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB work with HDMI (no DVI, though). I have mine setup with the iMac 14,2 profile.

1. Go to: System/Library/Extensions

2. Copy AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.

3. Right Click on the Kext and select Show Package Contents.
4. Open the Contents folder.
5. Open Info.plist.
6. Locate Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 ID.
7. Under Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 ID add the following code:
Code:
<key>GFX0</key>
 <dict>
 <key>Heuristic</key>
 <dict>
 <key>ID</key>
 <integer>4</integer>
 </dict>
 <key>control-id</key>
 <integer>17</integer>
 </dict>

8. Also add the following code under the same ID:

Code:
<key>Vendor10deDevice1004</key>
 <dict>
 <key>BoostPState</key>
 <array>
 <integer>5</integer>
 <integer>5</integer>
 <integer>5</integer>
 <integer>5</integer>
 </array>
 <key>BoostTime</key>
 <array>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <integer>1</integer>
 </array>
 <key>Heuristic</key>
 <dict>
 <key>EnableEnergyPstate</key>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <key>EnergyDOWNThreshold</key>
 <integer>60</integer>
 <key>EnergyPstate</key>
 <integer>7</integer>
 <key>EnergyUPThreshold</key>
 <integer>80</integer>
 <key>EngineDOWNThreshold</key>
 <integer>15</integer>
 <key>EngineUPThreshold</key>
 <integer>30</integer>
 <key>ID</key>
 <integer>4</integer>
 <key>MemDOWNThreshold</key>
 <integer>30</integer>
 <key>MemUPThreshold</key>
 <integer>50</integer>
 <key>MinP0P1</key>
 <integer>7</integer>
 <key>MinP5</key>
 <integer>12</integer>
 <key>MinP8</key>
 <integer>13</integer>
 <key>MinVP0</key>
 <integer>7</integer>
 <key>MinVP1</key>
 <integer>15</integer>
 <key>MinVP5</key>
 <integer>25</integer>
 <key>MinVP8</key>
 <integer>27</integer>
 <key>NumOfPstates</key>
 <integer>14</integer>
 <key>NumOfVPstates</key>
 <integer>28</integer>
 <key>P0Table</key>
 <array>
 <integer>0</integer>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <integer>2</integer>
 <integer>3</integer>
 <integer>4</integer>
 <integer>5</integer>
 <integer>6</integer>
 <integer>7</integer>
 <integer>21</integer>
 <integer>22</integer>
 <integer>23</integer>
 <integer>24</integer>
 <integer>25</integer>
 <integer>27</integer>
 </array>
 <key>P1Table</key>
 <array>
 <integer>8</integer>
 <integer>9</integer>
 <integer>10</integer>
 <integer>11</integer>
 <integer>12</integer>
 <integer>13</integer>
 <integer>14</integer>
 <integer>15</integer>
 <integer>21</integer>
 <integer>22</integer>
 <integer>23</integer>
 <integer>24</integer>
 <integer>25</integer>
 <integer>27</integer>
 </array>
 </dict>
 <key>control-id</key>
 <integer>17</integer>
 </dict>

9. Locate Vendor10deDevice1004 in the new code.

10. Change 1004 to the Device ID of your GPU. To find the ID, go to "About This Mac" under the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen, then click on "System Report". Under "Hardware" click on "Graphics/Displays". You will find the Device ID there. You will need the part after 0x. Do not include the "0x" in the code you replace.
11. Save the edited Plist.
12. Make sure you make a backup copy of the original kext, then install the modded Kext using the kext utility of your choice, making sure to repair permissions if the utility doesn't do it automatically.
13. Restart

Last edited:
The fix I put in above works great, but now the thing I am running into is that the Device ID changes every so often, so I have to go back in and change the ID in the kext. Does anyone have any idea why it would do this, and how to stop it?

I confirm that My asus gtx750 oc (not the Ti edition ) has now the hdmi port working in el capitan after the palit firmware flash founded At www.techpowerup.com (palit gtx750 )

Yes!
Work! No problem, no lag!
OS X El Capitan
10.11.1 (Build 15B42) & MS Windows 10 Home x64 HDMI port

Before: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/161156/asus-gtx750-2048-140402.html

After: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/154549/palit-gtx750-1024-140103.html

Thanks everybody!

I also confirm this. ASUS GeForce GTX 750 (GTX750-PHOC-1GD5). OS X El Capitan 10.11.2

hey guys!

I have the Palit silent GTX 750ti card, and I had it working fine on Yosemite for a while with two identical 27 inch AOC monitors. One was connected through DVI to HDMI cable, and the other through DVI to VGA. They both worked fine. However now, after getting all my drivers and stuff sorted on El Capitan, I can only get the DVI ports to work with the DVI to HDMI cable. My DVI to VGA does not work at all (which I understand is now just how it is on newer versions of mac os), but neither does my mini HDMI port. I am stuck at the moment with one monitor. Do I just have to suck it up and buy another cable? I thought a straight HDMI cable would work with this card, but it's dead as a doormat. The VGA monitor works when I'm on native OS X drivers (like, no accelleration, low resolution etc) and the DVI ->HDMI connection is off. It's the other way round on NVidia Web driver. No DVI->VGA, and no straight HDMI connection.

Does anyone have any tips? I don't want to buy another DVI -> HDMI cable. At the moment that is the only working connection, but it comes up as a TV:

EDIT- I fixed my own problem. My SMBIOS was set to iMac 12,2. I put it back to Mac Pro 3,1. I guess an Imac can't have a secondary display which made it not work. I was told 12,2 was best for my 2600 sandy bridge cpu on ivy bridge chipset. Cheers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 01.47.38.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 01.47.38.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 253
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 01.47.49.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 01.47.49.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 237
EDIT- I fixed my own problem. My SMBIOS was set to iMac 12,2. I put it back to Mac Pro 3,1. I guess an Imac can't have a secondary display which made it not work. I was told 12,2 was best for my 2600 sandy bridge cpu on ivy bridge chipset. Cheers.

It not working isn't specific to iMac smbios. I use iMac14,2 with a GTX 970 and all 4 ports work at the same time without issue.

Hello !

Could you confirm that you flashed the "Palit GTX 750 1024 BIOS" for your GTX750-PHOC-2GD5 whereas it is a 2GB model ?

Because I am going to buy the Asus model and I want to be sure that it could work !

Thank you very much :)

Baptiste

Hello !

Could you confirm that you flashed the "Palit GTX 750 1024 BIOS" for your GTX750-PHOC-2GD5 whereas it is a 2GB model ?

Because I am going to buy the Asus model and I want to be sure that it could work !

Thank you very much :)

Baptiste

Unless you are getting a really good deal on the Asus card I would just avoid it.

Hello !
100euros for the graphic card + alimentation (both new). Do you think that it's ok ?

If I'm right I will have to flash the card with the palit bios even if this is the bios for the 1gb

I was wondering about flashing the bios of the gigabyte, but this card has 2 hdmi so that may caused trouble ?

What do you suggest ?

Thanks

Hello !
100euros for the graphic card + alimentation (both new). Do you think that it's ok ?

If I'm right I will have to flash the card with the palit bios even if this is the bios for the 1gb

I was wondering about flashing the bios of the gigabyte, but this card has 2 hdmi so that may caused trouble ?

What do you suggest ?

Thanks

In the US for about $10 more than what you quote above you can get a 750ti of most any brand. I don't know about the availability where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back