Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
For itlwm (9560/9462/9461) users, please check supported model/device ID from the definition list and static list of mac80211.cpp, if the device ID does not match in the definition list (see below PNG), please contact Github zxystd.

1591529299998.png

1591529348769.png

For itlwm (9560/9462/9461) users, please check supported model/device ID from the definition list and static list of mac80211.cpp, if the device ID does not match in the definition list (see below PNG), please contact Github zxystd.
I don't get the list. Regarding to your pics and the main device ID (0x9df0) of the windows device manager, I got a 9560. But according to the sub device ID (0x42a4) I got a 9462. So what does count in this case? Maybe I'll contact the dev...

Hi
I tried to use itlwm.kext (06.06) with Mojave / WiFi 9560AC / Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
No success: "fw chunk addr 0x404000 len 712 failed to load"
Can Someone help me?

Attachments

• IMG_1368 (2).jpg
    IMG_1368 (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
My Wireless is 9560AC, device ID 0x9DF0.
I'm using Mojave. After loading kext, network shows Ethernet 2 (not WI-FI so there is no SSID to connect). And Ethernet 2 doesn't receive DHCP, apparently.

Notice that other guy's device ID is 0xA370

View attachment 474465

View attachment 474466

I think the development of AppleIntelWifi.kext is hugely important for the future of hackintoshing.

As far as I know, no current Macs still use Broadcom Wi-Fi anymore. What will hackintoshers do when support for BCM94360xxxx is dropped from macOS?

Ok, got it working...

Dude, taking out the fact that you can't change the network without editing a plist... THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Working on /System/Library/Extensions out of the box, if you know what you are doing you can completely disregard the advice to not put it there...

Got one extra USB port on my ThinkPad X250...

I think the development of AppleIntelWifi.kext is hugely important for the future of hackintoshing.

As far as I know, no current Macs still use Broadcom Wi-Fi anymore. What will hackintoshers do when support for BCM94360xxxx is dropped from macOS?
True dat! Apples new WiFi is from a proprietary company that doesn’t sell to the public. Broadcom AX WiFi is still not available either to test.

I'll do a small contribution, but hopefully will help someone.

Here are the steps I follow to BUILD the itlwm.kext with Xcode:

1. Download ZIP
2. Open the xCodeProject
3. Select the fwGen > my Mac (in the right of the Play and Rea buttons)
4. Press Play button to build the file, and if suggested, click on update.
5. If any Issue (or Suggestion), Perform the changes. Otherwise, step 7 will display Build failed error message.
6. Select the itlwm > myMac
7. Click play again
8. In the top left, press the folder, and then go to Products, and show in Browser, and copy to your folder.
9. Show .kext content, and open Info.plist > IOKITPersonalities > itlwm > WiFiConfig > Hardcode the networks you want to use (I think you can put up to 4 Netowrks, and guess it will connect to any available of those 4? No idea, to be honest!).

Also, I'll attach two command files, which will auto install the itlwm.kext or the AppleIntelWifi.kext by double clicking them (and writing the user's password on the terminal window that will open) for easier installation.
To use them, you have to place your itlwm.kext or your AppleIntelWifi.kext (or both) inside a Desktop folder called "Intel WiFi".

Finally, regarding the the video in post #548, the .kext provided is the AppleIntelWifi.kext, version 1.2.3 (you can check by opening the Info.plist inside the .kext), not V2, so let's call it by its proper name please to avoid confussions. It's exactly the same .kext that was uploaded in post #434 (Still no idea where they get it from, though).

Latest AppleIntelWifi.kext, download speed round 80Mbps @ 5G network.
View attachment 471410

NWID = your SSID
WPAKEY = your PWD
View attachment 471411

Edit: more firmware modules are added in this version, basically all Intel wifi modules, if you have older module like N2230 or newer module like AX200, try this kext, may work, but not sure.
View attachment 471414

Attachments

• Installer Command Helpers.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back