Contribute
Register

Success with Asus ThunderboltEX 3 and Z370 and UAD Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sorry, I have a supid question. I just formated my USB stick and then put your EFI folder on the USB disk. this is correct, isn't it?

Sorry for the stupid question
Not stupid at all. There is no shaming over here!

Here's what I do.

Google search "ESP Mounter Pro Softpedia" and download the app called ESP Mounter Pro. When you've installed it (I think it just needs to be moved to applications) and open it it'll show up in your tool bar at the top. Click and select mount on the drive you want.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 11.24.22 AM.png

In this case I mounted the EFI for my Samsung Portable SSD X5. On your desktop a drive should appear called EFI. Thats where the EFI folder goes!

The EFI is a small hidden partition that contains the instructions needed to boot. So, do all of that and place the EFI I made for you with the updated config there. Boot and hit F8 (Asus boot menu) so you can select your flash drive to boot from. Report back.

Last edited:
up and runing! with my clover and f11. I will never forget to do this trick ;-)
So basicly, I'm back to where I was yesterday

If I could, I would hug you right now....
Great! So now you know how to get back to square one.

Try putting the OC EFI on a flash drives EFI partition, boot from it (using F8 at boot), clearing NVRAM (a boot loader menu option instead of F11), and booting.

no success, it is an endless loop from the boot menu.
If I choos opencor or uefi sandisk both get the same resault. Wichone is right?

Attachments

• signal-2021-01-12-184018.jpeg
    signal-2021-01-12-184018.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
no success, it is an endless loop from the boot menu.
If I choos opencor or uefi sandisk both get the same resault. Wichone is right?
You would choose Opencore. I think I know the issue here. Get back into macOS using Clover and open finder. Head over to Library/Extensions and hit me with a screen shot.

you mean from the clover efi?
Sorry, what efi drive? The one you gave me or the clover one I have? You mean a zip file right?

you mean from the clover efi?
Sorry, what efi drive? The one you gave me or the clover one I have? You mean a zip file right?
Yeah, just to clarify...

Mount your flash drives EFI partition.
Unzip the EFI I sent.
Place the EFI folder (that you just unzipped) into the EFI partition you just mounted.
Send screen shot.

Yeah, just to clarify...

Mount your flash drives EFI partition.
Unzip the EFI I sent.
Place the EFI folder (that you just unzipped) into the EFI partition you just mounted.
Send screen shot.
Just to keep things simple here is the OC EFI I want you to put on your flash drives EFI partition.

Attachments

• OC EFI 065.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
this is the newest efi

I'll give it a try

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 19.01.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 19.01.24.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back