Contribute
Register

Success with Asus ThunderboltEX 3 and Z370 and UAD Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your edited EFI boots fine, but the RP21 do not look the same as yours.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 09.28.33.png

I now will try to plug the raid0 drives and see if it boots.

No, no boot when raid is attached.

Last edited:
Your edited EFI boots fine, but the RP21 do not look the same as yours.

View attachment 505653

I now will try to plug the raid0 drives and see if it boots.

No, no boot when raid is attached.

Ok, last bit on the thunderbolt stuff so we can move on.

In your config in ACPI>ADD I want you to disable SSDT-TbtOnPch-Asus-Z370-A-Prime-II.aml and enable SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml.

Now go to ACPI>Patches and delete the three patches.

Then go to the ACPI Folder of your EFI and add the attached SSDT SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM to the folder.

Restart, head back to RP21 and should look the same.

Ok, last bit on the thunderbolt stuff so we can move on.

In your config in ACPI>ADD I want you to disable SSDT-TbtOnPch-Asus-Z370-A-Prime-II.aml and enable SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml.

Now go to ACPI>Patches and delete the three patches.

Then go to the ACPI Folder of your EFI and add the attached SSDT SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM to the folder.

Restart, head back to RP21 and should look the same.

Ha, it's like torture working on this an hour a day.

After all that can you try...disabling Thunderbolt all the way and turning the Raid0 back on.

I'm thinking using the Sata-Unsupported.kext you were using before (that you just added) and turning off Thunderbolt like you had it as well might be the ticket.

Ha, it's like torture working on this an hour a day
I totaly agree but it's almost not possible to spend more time. I can arange next monday, then I could stay longer in the office. What do you think?

and add the attached SSDT SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM
Where can I finde this file?
I downloaded fropm this thread...

It looks like this.... now I will do a reboot without RAID and send you RP21 screenshot
Here we go: This screenshot looks the same in my opinion.

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 15.10.46.png

Last edited:
I'm thinking using the Sata-Unsupported.kext you were using before (that you just added) and turning off Thunderbolt like you had it as well might be the ticket.
so no luck with reboot and raid pluged in. But I did not insert the Sata-Unsupported.kext, as you mentioned. I don't know what you ment and where to finde this kext.

So no luck :(

so no luck with reboot and raid pluged in. But I did not insert the Sata-Unsupported.kext, as you mentioned. I don't know what you ment and where to finde this kext.

So no luck :(
Man I'm sorry about that. Attached are both! It looks like they're already in the config. Make sure they're enabled.

Scratch all that, attached is an updated EFI with the changes I wanted, it's easier this way since time is short. Try it and check out thunderbolt at RP21. Then try the Raid.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 10.35.18.png

Still no boot when pluggin the raid system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back