Contribute
Register

Success with Asus ThunderboltEX 3 and Z370 and UAD Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ow dear....

So I did as suggested, unpluged the power of my grfx card, disabeld -wegnoegpu in nvram as decribed here.
Unfortunaly I did not even saw the ASUS Bios Logo. I think my MoBo did some restarts the boot led was blinking between wihte, red, and orange.

So I decided to boot from my USB stick with my old EFI folder. Wich worked fine until today. Now I can't boot anymore. The system get stuck at tx_flush:1028: xid 1061.

Now I'm very worried because I don't know how to get back. Even if I use the CCC Backup Plate wich I did before changing anything a couple of days ago, it won't boot. So please help me regain my hack back. :shifty:

I'm panicking right now...

Why is my working usb stick with my working efi folder not able to boot my working system?
It seams that the opencore efi wrote something somwhere.... that blocks the boot sequenz. I will post a picture

Edited:
This first screenshot, the last line seams to cause trouble IMG_20210112_142055.jpg

After 10 minutes it gose further and stop around here
signal-2021-01-12-143547.jpeg

After 25 Minutes it changed again
signal-2021-01-12-145608.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm panicking right now...

Why is my working usb stick with my working efi folder not able to boot my working system?
It seams that the opencore efi wrote something somwhere.... that blocks the boot sequenz. I will post a picture

Edited:
This first screenshot, the last line seams to cause troubleView attachment 504735

After 10 minutes it gose further and stop around here
View attachment 504738

After 25 Minutes it changed again
View attachment 504743

No need to panic, we'll get you there. Have you tried clearing NVRAM before booting? You can do this in OC or Clover.

Its all likely something super simple.

I'm going to send you a simplified version of the OC EFI. I suspect the graphics section was wrong for your setup.

Ok, here's the EFI.

Remember, you need to use the onboard GPU. Make sure you move the HDMI cable from our 5700 and plugin into the onboard spot.

Before booting I want you to check out your thunderbolt bios settings. Go here and look at mine.

When at the boot menu, I want you to first Reset NVRAM. Its one of the options.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
So I unplugged the power of the card, insterted the hdmi to the motherboard and copied your new efi to my usb stick.
I also checked the thunderbolt setup and had to change quite a lot but now it match your settings.

I never reseted the NVRAM so I'm not sure if it is correct. I could do it with cmd + ctrl + R + P right or in the config.
Do I need to edit the config you gave me?

Now I don't see the asus boot screen. Only black and it seams that the screen do not get any input signal (I doubled checkt that everything is correctly plugged)

It's somthing with the grfx, the mobo do not start because it dosn't recognize the gpu, I think.

So I unplugged the power of the card, insterted the hdmi to the motherboard and copied your new efi to my usb stick.
I also checked the thunderbolt setup and had to change quite a lot but now it match your settings.

I never reseted the NVRAM so I'm not sure if it is correct. I could do it with cmd + ctrl + R + P right or in the config.
Do I need to edit the config you gave me?

Now I don't see the asus boot screen. Only black and it seams that the screen do not get any input signal (I doubled checkt that everything is correctly plugged)
OH holy **** you have a 9900KF. You dont have an onboard GPU! No wonder its blank.

Plug your GPU back in and reconnect it to your monitor.

Replace your config with the one attached here. Dont forget to unzip.

As for the NVRAM we dont need to do it with hot keys like that. Theres an option in the boot loader that should become apparent soon.

Attachments

• Config.plist.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 28
okay, so I replaced the config and plugged my card back with power.
now I get a loop with the asus logo.

I still did nothing with nvram

okay, so I replaced the config and plugged my card back with power.
now I get a loop with the asus logo.

I still did nothing with nvram
Interesting. Just double checking that the config made it into the right folder like so.
Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 11.07.55 AM.png

If so, then lets go back to your Clover EFI. To reset NVRAM in Clover Press F11 at the boot loader screen then restart your computer. Report back.

I'm very sorry, I have a supid question. I just formated my USB stick and then put your EFI folder on the USB disk. this is correct, isn't it?

Sorry for the stupid question

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 18.17.46.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 18.17.46.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 25
up and runing! with my clover and f11. I will never forget to do this trick ;-)
So basicly, I'm back to where I was yesterday

If I could, I would hug you right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back