Contribute
Register

[Success!] Video Editor: i7-3770K, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, EVGA SC GTX 660 Ti 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you had any issues with the 660 Ti and the Dell U2713HM?
Also do you know if the 660 Ti works with 3 or 4 monitors?

Altec, I have had zero issues with the 660 ti and Dell U2713HM. The U2713HM looks absolutely gorgeous at 2560x1440.

I know that the 660 ti should in theory support 4 monitors, but I do not have any other monitors at the moment to confirm that it will work with 3 or 4 on my hackintosh, but I see no reason why it wouldn't. I am planning at some point to add one more (probably the U2312HM), and I expect that it will work fine. Happy Building!

works in bios/chimera the usb dongle?

I have a nearly identical setup except the GPU is a GTX 650. I have discovered two things that my be useful:

1. If you put the computer to sleep using the On/Off button on the case and selecting Sleep from the OS X dialog that appears, then everything seems to return to normal after sleep. This seems to include USB.

2. With the drivers included with 10.8.3 the GPU's performance is the same without the CUDA drivers. I tested this using OpenCL_OceanWave, OpenGL Extensions Viewer, LuxMark 2.0, and CineBench. I think CUDA may not be needed because Apple has included the separate drivers for Nvidia cards.

congrats! im looking forward to making the exact same build!

Have you tested your thunderbolt ports with monitors or thunderbolt devices?

Thanks

I love the build. That machine will last for a long time. Especially, since room for expansion was allowed.

Congrats and happy editing!

Thanks! I love it and have been very pleased with it. & yes there is plenty of room for expansion :thumbup:

works in bios/chimera the usb dongle?

Well, the easy answer is no because the bluetooth keyboard doesn't connect early enough to hit the key to launch the bios, so i have to plug in a wired keyboard to do that. But, if i remember correctly (it's been a while since i've been in the bios), once I was in it, the bluetooth mouse did work.

I have a nearly identical setup except the GPU is a GTX 650. I have discovered two things that my be useful:

1. If you put the computer to sleep using the On/Off button on the case and selecting Sleep from the OS X dialog that appears, then everything seems to return to normal after sleep. This seems to include USB.

2. With the drivers included with 10.8.3 the GPU's performance is the same without the CUDA drivers. I tested this using OpenCL_OceanWave, OpenGL Extensions Viewer, LuxMark 2.0, and CineBench. I think CUDA may not be needed because Apple has included the separate drivers for Nvidia cards.

1. It is interesting that you say that. I hadn't tried putting it to sleep since I upgraded to 10.8.3, so I just tried it again because of what you said. What I found is that everything was fine except my usb flash drive ejected and then remounted (improper ejection message popped up) and my esata backup drive also disconnected then remounted. But, everything else was fine. Not sure what the difference is between our rigs, but it is what it is.

2. Your tests with CUDA are also interesting. I didn't realize the CUDA drivers were included with 10.8.3. I just updated my CUDA drivers without thinking much about it because I already had them installed. But, I've had no problems, so I'm not really gonna fiddle with it haha.

Have you tested your thunderbolt ports with monitors or thunderbolt devices?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have any thunderbolt devices to test with (only minidisplayport), but I wouldn't recommend using the thunderbolt ports for monitors because they can only utilize the integrated graphics. But for external storage/capture cards they'd be great! (I wish I could confirm that they work though)

But oh well, happy building!

I had the CUDA drivers installed at first, but noticed that now the drivers were supposedly included in 10.8.3, so I removed all the CUDA stuff to test it out. But I never had any issues with the CUDA drivers I had installed, either.

Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back