Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Spballer's Build: GA-Z97X-GAMING-GT / i7-4790k / Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this point i guess that is cinebench problem. I will keep update

Hi Sandilini,

Can you post your build and take a picture of the kernal panic and post that up as well?

You may want to (and I'm guessing you've already done this) double check the BIOS settings and make sure things are in order. You want to first load optimized settings, then set initial display to internal graphics, then disable VT-d, set your memory profile to profile 1, then save and exit.

After you exit the BIOS you should be taken to a screen where you can begin your install from the USB. At this point it is imperative you use the boot arguments -x and nv_disable=1 ( -v is simply so you can see things and I 100% recommend using it as well, but its not a deal breaker like the other two ). If you're card is hooked up and you aren't using the above boot args you likely will not get very far, you have to tell the machine to ignore the card with the nv_disable=1 boot arg, -x is to avoid any other complications (safe mode).

But yeah, post up a list of your components (build), and take a picture of the screen when your kernal panic happens and post that up as well. It'll give me a better idea of what is going on.

Good luck and don't fret, you'll have that system going before you know it!

I owe you a huge thanks, I had totally forgotten about needing to update those links for the newest drivers! I'll do that as soon as I get home.

Very glad to hear you've got your system going:headbang:

Hey guys, I can confirm that the 2 cores that unable to recognized was cinebench problem, so I think I'm good to go here. Everything works, USB 3.0, app store, FaceTime, imessage, still work on sleep and wake. My nova bench score is 984 (Overclock to 4.6GHZ)

Hi Frost1235,

I personally don't have experience with 10.9.3, so what I'm going to suggest may or may not work as it is based off my experience and that is with 10.10.0 and 10.10.1. With that said here is what I would try.

You said the drivers are installed but the card is not recognized. This leads me to think you are still operating on the OS X Default Drivers (as you were getting at with the nvda_drv=1 line). To make the switch in yosemite after the drivers are installed is easy, you go to the NVIDIA Driver Manager and go to the drivers tab, then select the Web Drivers option, this will prompt a restart and will automatically add the nvda_drv=1 boot arg to your plist for you, after this the system will recognize the card and you can disable onboard graphics, move your monitor connections to the card, etc.

If for whatever reason that route is not available on 10.9.3, then after you are sure you have the correct drivers installed you will indeed need to alter your boot.plist to include the nvda_drv=1 boot flag, restart and check to see if its recognized. Once recognized you could continue with disabling onboard graphics via BIOS and switch your connections from the MB to the graphics card.

Let me know how it goes and if I can be of any more help or clarify anything.

Best of luck!

I have updated the build thread to include information about updating to 10.10.2. The information can be found at the bottom of my first post. Enjoy!:headbang:

Hi Mindaugela,

That is interesting. I have not experienced any freezes with my system...

Is this a constant event (does it ALWAYS happen), or is it random? Have you noticed any particular action causes the freeze (a program or something)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back