Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Spballer's Build: GA-Z97X-GAMING-GT / i7-4790k / Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback.

I too messed around with Clover a bit but just to see how to do it. I don't actually use iMessage so it wasn't really needed for me and I had my system running optimally so no need to change.

If you decide to go with Clover again I got it running fairly quickly and with both of us having gigabyte Z97X boards the plist would most likely be the same. I've enjoyed following your build so if you need any help on the clover side let me know.

Thanks,

mj

Hey Spaller, I actually have 4 out out 6 USB 3.0 in the rear IO Panel don't work. Still working on sleep/hibernate issue. Have you figure out sleep solution?

Latest update :), actually I am typing this post on my Mackintosh :D. After 30 minutes playing around with some kext, all of my USB 3.0 front, back, everything... none of them work now lol. Working on it and keep you guys up to date for the best solution

I have 2 of this

USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB
Host Controller Driver: GenericUSBXHCI
PCI Device ID: 0x1e31
PCI Revision ID: 0x0004
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086
Bus Number: 0x0a

and 2 of this

USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB
Host Controller Driver: GenericUSBXHCI
PCI Device ID: 0x1e31
PCI Revision ID: 0x0004
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086
Bus Number: 0x0a

Here is what my USB device tree shows...

USB.png

As you can see the difference is the driver. I believe that when you set up with multibeast you selected some of the USB options. I'm not sure how to go about reversing that selection and getting your system back to operating the USB via apple drivers. I will look into and see if I can find something.

You said 2 of your ports worked and 4 were not working, then after tinkering nothing works... leads me to believe that an improper USB controller driver was operating and your USB 3.0 ports weren't responding (were the two that worked USB 3.0 or 2.0?), and now that the USB controller has been removed they don't know what to do, and multibeast may not be able to load the apple controllers. ((this is just a real quick, uneducated guess on the scenario, going to look into it more real quick, I'm curious))

Here is what my USB device tree shows...

View attachment 121955

As you can see the difference is the driver. I believe that when you set up with multibeast you selected some of the USB options. I'm not sure how to go about reversing that selection and getting your system back to operating the USB via apple drivers. I will look into and see if I can find something.

You said 2 of your ports worked and 4 were not working, then after tinkering nothing works... leads me to believe that an improper USB controller driver was operating and your USB 3.0 ports weren't responding (were the two that worked USB 3.0 or 2.0?), and now that the USB controller has been removed they don't know what to do, and multibeast may not be able to load the apple controllers. ((this is just a real quick, uneducated guess on the scenario, going to look into it more real quick, I'm curious))

Thanks for the heads, I actually didn't check USB 3.0 on Multibeast but I accidentally install and old Universal USB 3.0 Kext lol. I will give your link a try today right after work. Thanks again. Btw my system run like a beast :D

Hi Sandilini,

Thank you for the compliment, and congratulations on starting your project!

Your motherboard should coincide with the guide very well, there will be three things that will differ;

1.) Your BIOS version update file will be different. Here is a link to your most up to date version, F6.

2.) Your Audio Codec differs, when in multibeast you will want to make sure to select Realtek ALC892 and not ALC1150 as shown in the guide.

3.) Your network is controlled by Realtek gBE LAN Chip, which is different than the Atheros Killer E2201 as shown in the guide for my motherboard. You will have to find the appropriate driver/kext for that controller. I will look into a bit more when I'm back from meetings.

Other than those three things the guide should be a perfect walk through for you. I look forward to hearing about your progess!

How in the hell I can remove my old USB kext? I tried install the new Apple USB kext but it is not going to override on the Generic. Any ideas?

In this link, post #27, has a nice little step by step of what you need to do with the new and old kext.

Basically, you are aiming to do the following: find and remove the old generic kext, replace it with the apple kext.

To remove the old kext, open finder. go to System. Go to Library. Go to Extensions. Go to IOUSBFamily.kext and right click it, select "show package contents". Go to contents. Go to Plugins. Find the generic usb kext that needs to be removed, delete it.

Then install the new one by placing it inside the same plugins folder you removed the generic kext from.

After that is done I'd also suggest running kext utility (or ikext as frantic shows in post #27 of the provided link) as well as verifying and repairing permissions on the hard drive via disk utlity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back