Contribute
Register

[Success] Sabertooth Z77, i7-3770K, GTX 680, El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] Sabertooth z77, i7 3770K, GTX 680, Mountain Lion

I don't think so. But you never know exactly.

Whats the status of your installation process? Were you able to finish the installation properly? Please be more specific!

I have the same issue with almost the same hardware. with 10.8.2 i had no problems with installing and booting. with 10.8.4 i can boot install USB and install the system, but trying to boot after install i just get apple logo with spinning wheel forever. i am able to boot the system only with -x flag. i have tried everything so far. just don't get where the problem is. I have a clean install just with bootloader and fakesmc.

downloading now 10.8.2 to see if it works.

Thanks for this guide, its helped me tons !

I'm currently on 10.8.4 and everything in the installation is going well expect for the internet and bluetooth. I've completed all the Multibeast 5.4.3 setup working and my computer boots in normal with no flags now. Just not sure if my internet is working yet or if i am so new too the OS to actually know if my wifi is working already. I have a TPLink WN881ND installed but does not show as a wifi option under my system preferences.

For Bluetooth i have an Asus BT211 but also having similar issues that it really wasnt as out of the box friendly as i had hoped; doesnt show up as a recognized device in my system preferences.

Could you please explain this in noob terms, thanks.
Bala

Thanks Stork. Looking at other components from the buyers guide and it seems there is really only one choice for wifi (TPLink TL-WDN 4800). As for bluetooth i have the choice of IOGear GBU521 or GBU421. Is there a difference for the bluetooth?

Thanks Stork. Looking at other components from the buyers guide and it seems there is really only one choice for wifi (TPLink TL-WDN 4800). As for bluetooth i have the choice of IOGear GBU521 or GBU421. Is there a difference for the bluetooth?

There is another WiFi card that is listed in the Buyer's Guide Accessories section and uses the same chipset as the TP-Link 4800 PCIe card. I have two of these Rosewill WiFi cards, and they work as well as the TP-Link for ~$10 USD less.
Rosewill N900PCE Wireless N Dual Band Adapter IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI Express for $35-$36 USD
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VKON0S/
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166076

The IOGear GBU521 is BT v4 and works only in Mountain Lion. The GBU421 is BT v2 and will work in Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion. Again, this is pointed out in the latest Buyer's Guide, Accessory section.

tyty ^^ bought it, was a bit harder to find cuz the hong kong market is a bit different on the components available, especially the IOGear bluetooth adapter. found a retailer finally and all works well now :thumbup: (couldn't have done it without this awesome community). i am like a kid over a new toy, never owned an apple computer and look forward to finding out how everything clicks, was always a PC person. setting up my wifi wasn't a problem out of the box, but I am still trying to figure out the powerline ethernet adapters setup workings. will start looking at the post installation threads now :)

Hey there. When you did the upgrade from Mac App Store, did you do it from the update section? or did you download the combo and update from there?

I've been hanging on with 10.8.2, and about to make the plunge to 10.8.4..

I recommend the Combo update instead of the store incremental update. My procedure is to
  1. Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
  2. Backup your current system with Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
  3. Run the Combo Update - don't reboot yet;
  4. Run MultiBeast to reload only the audio driver;
  5. Repair Permissions again;* and
  6. Reboot

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Hi

Was able to successfully install ML 10.8.4 with everything working BUT.. i have this problem with regards to Rebooting. everytime i reboot using the "restart" command from apple menu, My computer will not boot into the bootloader anymore. i just get a blank black screen. i do not even see the post. (i made sure that quick boot on the bios and on chameleon was not set). i need to manually press the power button of my computer to turn the system completely OFF, then power on again... after that it boots again with no problem... what can i do to fix this? is this a booting issue? I think that my ML copy would not shut down or reboot properly?

i have no problems with my windows 8 drive if i select that as my primary boot drive... will EVOreboot.kext fix the problem? i also plan on updating my FakeSMC.kext to get hardware monitoring... as i have read, i will have to manually delete the old FakeSMC.kext and install the new one through multibeast, repair permissions then reboot?

hope you guys can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back