Contribute
Register

[Success] Sabertooth Z77, i7-3770K, GTX 680, El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] Sabertooth z77, i7 3770K, GTX 680, Mountain Lion

Everything you described on your guide is dead on. Even all the issues you had were reproducible on my end! I too didn't flash the BIOS, and went with the patched .kext route.

Cool! Pleased to hear that my description is accurate and helps! I always use and used the up-to-date version of the BIOS. Never had any issues with any version. I mentioned the BIOS in my description only to point out that I was able to install everything with standart BIOS settings.

Gang,

See MacMan's article on the OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks issues.

Stork! Thank you for calling this to my attention! Your link is somehow corrupted. You must mean this:

OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks

Unless one is interested in high benchmark scores no matter what, it seems to be good thing that the OpenGL now works as it should and is also recognized in that way. I like it when problems vanish without me doing something. :D

:lol: me, too. :lol:

so I tried to follow this put everything together used unibeast to create a install/boot stick but after i select usb it hangs up with with spinning wheel at grey apple screen!

what and i doing wrong?

i7-3770
sabertooth z77
g skills 16 gig ram

so I tried to follow this put everything together used unibeast to create a install/boot stick but after i select usb it hangs up with with spinning wheel at grey apple screen!

what and i doing wrong?

i7-3770
sabertooth z77
g skills 16 gig ram

Did you make sure to partition your usb correctly and set it to master boot record? I have the same hardware except for ram and it worked fine.

Hi.

I need help from the PROS.

The only way i can boot in my mac is with boot flags (GraphicsEnabler=No -x ) whatever i do is the same.

Mobo: SABERTOOTH Z77
Cpu: intel i7 3770
Ram: 10gb
Gpu: RADEON HD 7750
Hd: 1tb

I really need help am stuck brain not working any more.

Thanks a lot

Using the GraphicsEnabler=No flag is quiet normal, but allways having to use SafeMode is quiet unusual.
My guess would be your graphics card.
I would try to deinstall the Radeon and use the onboard graphics chip instead for a test. It should boot without any boot flag.

Another guess would be the powermanagment. Read my build description and try the steps related to it.

Dont give up, it cant be that complicated!

EDIT: Read MacMans article about the new Chimera 2.1 bootloader! Chimera 2.1 Now Available With Haswell CPU Support. He mentions "Added AMD 7xxx graphics card detection", install it an have a look. :)

Using the GraphicsEnabler=No flag is quiet normal, but allways having to use SafeMode is quiet unusual.
My guess would be your graphics card.
I would try to deinstall the Radeon and use the onboard graphics chip instead for a test. It should boot without any boot flag.

Another guess would be the powermanagment. Read my build description and try the steps related to it.

Dont give up, it cant be that complicated!

EDIT: Read MacMans article about the new Chimera 2.1 bootloader! Chimera 2.1 Now Available With Haswell CPU Support. He mentions "Added AMD 7xxx graphics card detection", install it an have a look. :)

Thanks for the reply.

I done the installation again with a gtx 650 ti Gpu this time but only with -x comand .

I dont know what am doing wrong.

I have the latest bios from ASUS (2003)

Cant accès the setup screen without or any other command exept -x.

Can any one share pictures from their BIOS settings pls ????????

Thanks a lot

I don't think that a certain BIOS setting is responsible for your problem. I'm using standard settings. Absolutely nothing is changed.

Set your BIOS to standard, use only the onboard graphic chip of you processor, detach everything you don't need for booting (i.e. 2nd HDD, DVD-ROM, USB-Devices, Sound, WLAN-Card etc.), follow my build discription or the one of another user that succeded in building and booting a stable system here in this forum very accurately. Pay specific attention to the power management installation.

I'm sure you will make it! It's only a matter of time!

I don't think that a certain BIOS setting is responsible for your problem. I'm using standard settings. Absolutely nothing is changed.

Set your BIOS to standard, use only the onboard graphic chip of you processor, detach everything you don't need for booting (i.e. 2nd HDD, DVD-ROM, USB-Devices, Sound, WLAN-Card etc.), follow my build discription or the one of another user that succeed in building and booting a stable system here in this forum very accurately. Pay specific attention to the power management installation.

I'm sure you will make it! It's only a matter of time!
Still the same. Is it anything to do that am using lion10.8.4 as a installer with unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back