Contribute
Register

[Success] Sabertooth Z77, i7-3770K, GTX 680, El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] Sabertooth z77, i7 3770K, GTX 680, Mountain Lion

Thankyou for your guide! I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get a stable install. Using Multibeast 4.6.1 was the answer. Looks like 5.0 and up would break things in my install including Ethernet and audio at times. So far things are running stable using your guide. So thanks again!

Oh, I have a MSI 660ti PE - Other than that, our builds are pretty similar!

-Dan

Uh oh...Spoke too soon! Just lost ethernet while in the middle of a download. This only seems to happen on the hack side of things, and it only happens to that machine. I'm able to connect to my laptop fine, so I know the network is still up.

You installed Mountain Lion but used the installer for Lion?

Yes I did so. By the time I set up this system there was no installer for Mountain Lion. It worked anyway. :)

Thankyou for your guide! I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get a stable install. Using Multibeast 4.6.1 was the answer. Looks like 5.0 and up would break things in my install including Ethernet and audio at times. So far things are running stable using your guide. So thanks again!

Oh, I have a MSI 660ti PE - Other than that, our builds are pretty similar!

-Dan

Uh oh...Spoke too soon! Just lost ethernet while in the middle of a download. This only seems to happen on the hack side of things, and it only happens to that machine. I'm able to connect to my laptop fine, so I know the network is still up.

I'm about to make the exact same setup as described here, just with 32GB of Dominator RAM.

Does MultiBeast 5.2 give stable results for 10.8.2 or is MB4.6.1 still better to use?

Yes I did so. By the time I set up this system there was no installer for Mountain Lion. It worked anyway. :)

Hi Vosster -

Does your GTX680 work with the latest FakeSMC (including GPUMonitors plugin) and HWMonitor from Multibeast 5.2?

Thanks / gx

@EIAwesome: One could say that Multibeast is still just a collection of drivers. Use the latest version. Good luck!

@gxsolace: My solution still works pretty good, so I haven't tried to use these latest FakeSMCs. It's pretty easy to end up with a kernel panic when experimenting with FakeSMCs. I guess since everything is working I wont try either. :D

So I'm sitting here with my Sabertooth Z77 and a GX680.
It booted up in first try, directly logged in and worked quite fine.
It's just that neither with the onboard video nor with the GTX680 my Cinema Display works. It seems that my DisplayPorts are just dead.
Edit: After a whole day of fiddling around with the system, everything works fine now. I did it a bit different than the OP, I flashed my mobo BIOS, but now it all works fine. Except my Cinema Display. I suspect my adapter...

Pleased to hear you made some progress! I only have some simple suggestions based on my experience. First I have to note that the first boot usually goes well. It's no indicator for a stable system after the second boot. I learned that the Hdmi output is the one the 680 uses at first when there are issues with its selection of the video output. The obvious suggestion I would make is to use an Hdmi or/and a DVI cable and switch these often. Please be sure and double check if you set the graphics enabler flag correctly. It often does the trick. Another standard procedure is of course to repair your system permissions. Good Luck!

It doesen't seem to be OS X related. I also don't get the BIOS displayed. So I guess it's just a broken adapter.

I have to set GraphicsEnabler=No because otherwise I run into the white screen of death

You dont get the BIOS displayed? That is you push the button at startup and nothing happens but your system is booting normal? Just try another usb port for your keyboard until you find one that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back