Contribute
Register

[Success] Sabertooth Z77, i7-3770K, GTX 680, El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
And finally I could figure out to have the USB ports running! Thank you again.

Hey supergen,
sorry, I haven't seen your replies. I never had any problem with the onboard sound choosing ALC892. I only switched to Voodoo because it enables the HDMI sound of my graphics card as well.
I hope everything runs okay for you now!
Cheers!

Hey! Thanks for the guide.
I've ran into an issue, which is an issue I had the last time I tried installing El Capitan a few months ago. The problem is that even though I follow this guide completely, I cannot boot the system without the USB drive. I don't know why my HDD is not bootable.. Have anyone encountered this and managed to fix it? I've looked around for solutions but none of them seem to work..
Thank you in advance

Edit: I am aware that my post might not be informative enough, but note that I'm very new to this. I'm more than happy to be guided through troubleshooting and provide any information that might be necessary.

Update: Flashing my bios worked did the trick. Apparently I had an old version.

Last edited:
Update: Flashing my bios worked did the trick. Apparently I had an old version.

I just wanted to tell you to try exactly this. I'm a bit late to respond, sorry. :) Although one can always use the standart bios settings, the version can make a difference.

Nice to hear, that you are making progress.

Hi Vosster,

I have the exact same hardware running on Yosemite at the moment but I want to update on Sierra. Could you please be so nice to tell me your settings for MultiBeast as I can't find any of the by search. Is it a problem to install Sierra just over the actual OS?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards from Hamburg.

Guys, I'm on Mavericks (10.9.5) and with all the new software not supporting my system I'm forced to update the OS.

So I bought a new SSD and want to install the brand new High Sierra or at least El Capitan, I tried installing both, first High Sierra, but it didn't want to boot, so I decided to download and install El Capitan (which I later decided to just upgrade to HS, which I heard not that difficult).

After installing El Capitan with UniBeast on a new SSD and booting with Clover it can't boot either.

I tried to boot in Verbose mode:

verbose-mode.jpg

and then tried to boot without injecting kexts and cache and both times it just restarts after showing the following message:

booting-without-kexts-cache.jpg

please help!
Thank you!

Attachments

• verbose-mode.jpg
    verbose-mode.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
  • booting-without-kexts-cache.jpg
    booting-without-kexts-cache.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 82
Hi Vosster! Are you still running this build with Sierra? If so, do you have hotplug (hot swap) support working for your drives. That's assuming you have an esata dock. Thanks! Dan
Hi Dan! Yes in fact I do still run this build! I stopped however to update this thread, since this build is over 6 years old by now and the work didn't justify the potential help it may pose for users here I thought. I updated to Mojave recently. Performance isn't that great. The GTX680 runs without nvidia webdrivers, but poorly. Waiting for Nvidias update.
I never used my esata dock to hotplug any drives. I have one SSD for Mojave, one for Windows and a HDD for data in MacOs. That's it. So unfortunatly I can not help you. Good luck nonetheless!

Thanks Vosster. I appreciate you getting back to me nonetheless. From what you've said about your 680, I'm doubting my 660 would do any better. So maybe I'll sit with sierra for now. I'll keep digging at the hotplug.

Hi Dan! Yes in fact I do still run this build! I stopped however to update this thread, since this build is over 6 years old by now and the work didn't justify the potential help it may pose for users here I thought. I updated to Mojave recently. Performance isn't that great. The GTX680 runs without nvidia webdrivers, but poorly. Waiting for Nvidias update.
I never used my esata dock to hotplug any drives. I have one SSD for Mojave, one for Windows and a HDD for data in MacOs. That's it. So unfortunatly I can not help you. Good luck nonetheless!
Hi, I have the same board and processor that you have. I tried to run my overclock of 4.5GHz stable, but macOS does not recognize the frequencies greater than 3.5GHz. It stays in 3.5Ghz stable (no low or raise frequencies). I've tried everything from changing the SMBIOS to creating a SSDT and nothing.
Could you please help me? Perhaps by providing me with your EFI folder or by sending your BIOS configuration. I'll be very grateful.
Thank you very much for your attention.

Hi, I have the same board and processor that you have. I tried to run my overclock of 4.5GHz stable, but macOS does not recognize the frequencies greater than 3.5GHz. It stays in 3.5Ghz stable (no low or raise frequencies). I've tried everything from changing the SMBIOS to creating a SSDT and nothing.
Could you please help me? Perhaps by providing me with your EFI folder or by sending your BIOS configuration. I'll be very grateful.
Thank you very much for your attention.
I wouldn't trust any display of frequencies in macOS system information. I guess it just displays the name of the processor and its standard frequency of 3,5 GHz, whereas the boost/turbo frequency is never displayed. Try to run GeekBench once with overclocking, and then without to determine the effect of your overclocking in macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back