Contribute
Register

[Success] Sabertooth Z77, i7-3770K, GTX 680, El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] Sabertooth z77, i7 3770K, GTX 680, Yosemite

Ever since updating to El Capitan, all rear USB (2.0 and 3.0) on the Sabertooth z77 have stopped working. I do see they are available in POST, but as soon as OS X begins to load via Clover, the rear ports disappear and stop working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Better late than never... Change the SMBios to iMac. 13,1 worked for me. Cheers!

Better late than never... Change the SMBios to iMac. 13,1 worked for me. Cheers!

Thanks for the reply. But, still no luck after changing to iMac 13,1

Here is what the system report says about USB 3.0:

USB 3.0 Bus:

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCIPPT
PCI Device ID: 0x1e31
PCI Revision ID: 0x0004
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

The USB 3.0 ports still don't work.

Any other help anyone?

[success] Sabertooth z77, i7 3770K, GTX 680, Yosemite

Still having difficulty here. Any chance you could provide your config.plist (you can X out your serial, etc) and what kexts you have installed and where? I think that would help us who can't seem to get the USB 3.0 bus to work.

Thanks much!

JFYI.

I was having trouble with USB's as well. I am on El Capitan 10.11.6. In order to make the USBs work again I just switched back to MacPro3,1 and all USBs are functional again.

You are welcome. :)

Still having difficulty here. Any chance you could provide your config.plist (you can X out your serial, etc) and what kexts you have installed and where? I think that would help us who can't seem to get the USB 3.0 bus to work.

Thanks much!
So. After updating to macOS Sierra I finally adressed the USB problem since some ports didn't work from time to time.
I followed Rehabman instructions: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
I only had to open my DSDT with MaciASL and changed the name of EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02 as suggested. Did that with rehabman's skript in MaciASL. Then I put the edited DSDT to EFI/Clover/APCI/patched folder. Futhermore I deleted GenericUSBXHCI.kext, USBInjectAll.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, which had been installed on previous tries, from /L/E, S/L/E and from EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Apparently my DSDT information regarding my ports are correct, so I didn't have to follow rehabmans instructions further and didn't build my own port injector etc.

Now every USB2 port works ervertime and also the two USB3 ports on the backside. The two other USB3 ports on the backside do not work since they are from the ASMEDIA controller. Apparently there isn't a way yet to get them to work as well.

Hi Vosster, thank you so much for your efforts in this thread, which have been really useful for me!

I moved from a quite old Gigagyte Mobo to this Asus one after a fail a year ago, and almost everything is working flawlessly, except the USB3 ports... :(

Anyway, I am very excited to read that your found a solution for this USB ports issue, in your last post!
So now I am eager to upgrade the OS into Sierra, and I am looking forward a guide for the Sabertooth Z77.

Please, could you explain to us how did you install this OS in your system? Like you did for the previous OS..

Thank you very much, you are doing an excellent work here!!!!!

Best!

Hi Vosster, thank you so much for your efforts in this thread, which have been really useful for me!
Glad I could help, thank you! That's the purpose of this thread. :)
Please, could you explain to us how did you install this OS in your system? Like you did for the previous OS..
I directly updated from El Capitan to Sierra through MacAppStore like tonymacx86 suggested here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/
Since I switched to Clover in El Capitan it could basically do it like tonymacx86 suggested. Some minor difficulties but nothing to complicated.

Since you asked I downloaded MultiBeast Sierra just to have a look at how I would do a fresh installation with it. Turns out I wouldn't change much to an El Capitan installation. Follow tonymacx86s Sierra guide exactly and try to go with MultiBeast settings like the ones you find attached. Report back!

Cheers!

Attachments

• Multibeast Sierra.jpeg
    Multibeast Sierra.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 380
Thank you Vosster, you rocks!!! :headbang:

I am using Yosemite now, do you think that this direct update method will work?
If you are using the Clover bootloader it should be possible. Be sure to copy all kexts from /Library/Extensions to EFI/Clover/kexts/other before you update. After installation boot with "without kache", "verbose", "inject kexts" and "nvidia web drivers" boot flags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back