Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Out Of The Box: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH - i7 3770K - HD 4000 OSX 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Almost] Out Of The Box: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH - i7 3770K - HD 4000 OSX 10.8.4 Sleep nightmare

Jiojimbo, I hate to be the one to tell you this but I don't think that GTX770 card you bought will work. I've built several other Hackintosh machines before (all using the EFix USB plug) but I've never gotten a pure Windows graphics card to work in any of them. Apparently Apple does some overclocking and other stuff to their graphics cards and you need to buy a Mac-enabled card to get it to work under OS X.

These guys sell those cards - they do the modifications themselves to off the shelf GTX cards. Theirs are a bit more expensive but you get a much fuller range of available cards than what you can find and buy on regular retail

http://www.ebay.com/sch/macvidcards/m.html

I've bought at least 3 different cards from them and they all work well.

Maybe they will modify your GTX770 card - the one they sell is a couple of hundred $$ more than what you paid. Otherwise you'll have to return it to Amazon. I hope I'm wrong but if I'm not at least you know what your options are.

[Almost] Out Of The Box: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH - i7 3770K - HD 4000 OSX 10.8.4 Sleep nightmare

The graphics cards in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide are PC, not Macintosh, graphics cards, and they work with the current version of Mountain Lion.

Thanks, herrschultzz, but i think mr Stork is right, remember this its not a real mac , but a pc runing osX and thus it can handle a lot of hardware as long as its supported by OSX. People here have stated that it works: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/100440-geforce-gtx-770-works.html and i'll will trust (once again) onto this community for this one. I cant install it right now, but maybe later today ill give it a try. Thanks for your concern.

and BTW i cant send it back to amazon as im in Mexico City!

I found out that these settings work for me with 10.8.4:

• Set optimized defaults in Bios.
  • Disable Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage (you won't be able to overclock just so you know).
  • Set XMP Memory profile to Profile 1.
  • Disable Wake On Lan

Remove both lines:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>

darkwake=0 from org.chameleon.boot.plist. darkwake=No doesn't set a value so it's not worth using that.

I've had to use PleaseSleep on 10.8.4 until I changed my settings to the above. It takes about 5 minutes for it to enter a sleep state after my displays go to standby, so you might have to have to leave it alone for a bit and see if it works.

Seems to be working so far. :thumbup:

Seems to be working so far. :thumbup:

So you are both suggesting to totally remove the darkwake kernell? it would be great as i prefer to use the less kernels posibble, and im always doubtfull about the drakwake=no solution for my sleep

So you are both suggesting to totally remove the darkwake kernell? it would be great as i prefer to use the less kernels posibble, and im always doubtfull about the drakwake=no solution for my sleep

Yes, and make sure Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage is disabled as well in bios.

Yes, and make sure Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage is disabled as well in bios.
well, mr Beelzebozo, this is great !
i had Set XMP Memory profile to Profile 1 and disabled Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage and Wake On Lan from day 0, so no need for that.

i just deleted the whole chain as you said and guess what: it works! Those are real great news as lots of people are struggling with sleep issues, do you think it only works with the combination of this mobo with 10.8.4 or maybe other settings could work too?

so far i just allowed 2 times to go to autosleep and it worked, i will keep an eye on this, and report some days later
thanks for sharing!

-jio

Guess the nightmare is over.

Yes it is. Thanks to you now both my customac and i will be able to sleep! :clap:
now i just have to figure out how to modify my build title to SOLVED :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back