Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Out Of The Box: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH - i7 3770K - HD 4000 OSX 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really odd as i had understood that vga was not supported in OSX. Anyway when i did my first setup i had a DVI display and the ACP runing perfectly out of the mobo. I had initial display first set to IGFX and internal graphics to auto or enabled, also worked with internal graphics memory size set to 32 or 64 M.
I know it sounds a littel obvious at this point, but have you tried to swith Graphicsenabler= yes o no ? for the HD4000 to work i had it set to YES.

I have some work to finish but later today or tomorrow morning i will be testig configurations with hd4000 and gtx 770

I cant try to alter my configuratins right now, ill do it later. I sorry i can help you more. Have you any TB preripherals? do they work on the TB port? have you tried to daisy chain youy display to an external TB device and then connect to the TB port on the mobo?
As far as i understand you have never had your hd4000 fully working? how did you manage to make the install? over the GPU? I know its frsutrating, but if nothing works you could try a clean install just with the hd4000 fisrt and then ad the card . for me it worked.

Don't give up!
this is somethimes a painfull process but im sure its worthy... you're right maybe some one had already this issue. Im trying to avoid a DSDT but maybe this work fof you: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...d3000-hd4000-amd-nvidia-working-together.html

I'm going to have another look at Stork's golden build to see if I'm missing a switch in BIOS. I've now gotten the DVI-D connector to work, but still stuck on grey screen/spinning gear . . .

You don't have to redo your setup to help me problem solve - thanks anyway. I've found that the best problem solving is a repetitive process of elimination works best.

Keep you updated though

herrschultzz : as you know i was interested too in getting both nvidia gtx770 and HD4000 to work at the same time. And now i did it. I know your problem goes beyond this, but maybe it can help you somehow.
To test this i have: 1dvi display connected to HD4000 on mobo, 1 dvi display on the gtx770 and the 27" ACD connected to the GTX via mdp to dp adapter.

I went to thispost but as im not using a dsdt i decided no to try that solution. Then i went here wich gave me a hint about the usefullness of the device propierites string on the plist. I also looked at Alfa's guide but it seemed a little old and i cound't follow his steps. I tryed a lot of BIOS settings without luck.

I also searched on some golden builts and finally went back to a post that has been very usefull to me: Dawsman's Build and i copyed his plist string for device properties:

Code:
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>8800000001000000010000007c0000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff0400100000006d006f00640065006c0000001a000000496e74656c20484420477261706869637320343030302c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000005006201</string

i inserted it with chameleon wizard (you can edit your plist in text edit also) . Saved, rebuilt disk permission and reboot.

As he stated in his Build, i set the internal graphics to auto, set IGFX to initialise first, and set IGFX memory size to 32MB. Saved BIOS an Restarted.

I got Post on the display connected to the HD4000 on the mobo dvi port. Then also chimera and load screen on same display. Once in OS i got all 3 displays working correctly, i was able to set the Main screen and menu bar easily.

So that's it , so far so good, i can (and will) also drive just two displays: one on each graphics card. One important note: Dawnsman have GraphicsEnabler set to Yes, i tried with YES, NO and even no GE at all and i can't notice any change, so im staying with NO as suggested on the forums and guides for NVidia cards.

I leave you some pics of the settings:
130825072505 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-25 at 2.16.54 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-25 at 1.32.51 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-25 at 2.15.13 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-25 at 2.31.33 AM.jpg

Hope this helps!
-jio

That is an amazing post Jiojimbo. I'll look into all of those options.

After several hours of hair scratching then hair pulling I decided to check the new Dell monitor on another computer - my MacBook Pro and lo and behold the DVI-D input was not working on that computer either. So I had spent hours chasing down a software problem that was really a failed hardware problem. All problem solving is a process of elimination, and this Dell is going back for replacement.

I am intrigued by your ability to get all graphics ports working because I am unable to boot into OS X with my main monitor on GTX570 unless I Disable Internal Graphics in BIOS. Anyway, I'll take a look at all the links you provided and keep you informed of progress.

So far when the machine is up and running properly I have two monitors off the GTX570 DVI ports working as well as a miniSAS Raid card running a 12TB raid5, a Red Rocket Accelerator card to decode 4K camera footage, and a Blackmagic UltraStudio for displaying HDSDI signals on a TV monitor via TBolt port. Software running smoothly is Final Cut Pro X, DaVinci Resolve, RedCine X, Smoke, and After Effects to name a few. Once OS X boots up, I've not yet found any OS X software that doesn't run perfectly. Now if the System Prefs would accurately display all the working parts, it might even look like a real Mac . . .

I would love to use the other TBolt port (#1) as a monitoring Displayport output which is why I will look into your suggested links.

Well, at least now you know what was the problem, hopefully you'll get another (working) display soon. Reading your description i realize that you put togheter a powerfull video editing rig! :clap:

As far as driving displays form onboard an discrete graphics, in my case adding the device properties did the trick. Right now im beggining a clean install (mostly to fix a Kernel_task issue) an i will make this my "definitive" working setup with all the things that i have learned here on the forums.

keep on going! i hope to hear good news from you soon

-jio

Jiojimbo, one thing that would make a world of difference for others pursuing a build of this motherboard is to print out or list all of your BIOS settings. I think that is one of the most important pieces of the puzzle as just having one item set incorrectly there can put you in a GSOD (gray screen of death) spiral.

Since I'm not interested in overclocking (an already overclocked CPU) I just leave that tab alone. For Peripherals and Bio Features tab most settings need to be correct. For Power Management, Disable Wake on LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back