Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabuyte GA-Z270X-ULTRA GAMING
CPU
Core i7 7700K (4.6Gz)
Graphics
Gigabyte GV-R938G1 GAMING-4GD
Hi,

I have tremendous problems with accessing the network on my hackintosh. I did a fresh install of High Sierra 10.13.1. The build specs are:

MB: GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming (bought it last week)
CPU: Core i7-6700K
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8Gb x 2
HD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME m.2

In DPCIManager I see:

Model: I219V2
BSD: en0
Builtin: yes

So I assume that the IntelMausiEthernet driver was loaded successfully. The LEDs on the interface are on and the Network pane shows "Ethernet connected" and a fully configured interface, but I am hardly able to access the network. I cannot download stuff from the Apple store. Signing into the Apple store ended up in a reset of my Apple ID, probably because of a flaky network connection. I downloaded the 10.13.3 combo update on my MacBook pro, put it on a stick and updated my hack to the latest 10.13.3. When I download stuff in Safari the first 100Kb or so gets loaded and then it just hangs. I have to reload web pages over and over.

The IntelMausiEthernet kext is the only network kext that I have in "CLOVER/Kexts/Other". I tried the original IntelMausiEthernet-V2.3.0.zip as well as Rehabman's version: RehabMan-IntelMausiEthernet-v2-2017-0914.zip. Same symptoms :(

I checked my BIOS settings, and I have disabled the "Network Stack" and the rest of the settings are according to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

I hope someone can help me with this.

Cheers,
Erwin

So what I did so far:

- I recompiled the IntelMausi code (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Intel-Network) on my Macbook with 10.13.3, and added the kext to the boot stick. Still a flaky network.
- I did a fresh 10.13.1 install on an SSD, and booted with the new kext, problem still persists.
- I tweaked the frequency and memory settings in the BIOS like Bus Speed down to 800Mhz, Optimize for i7-6700K, to no avail.

At this moment I am not sure if the problem is actually in the ethernet driver. Could the problem be RAM or CPU related?

Cheers,
Erwin

Today I:

- ordered an HP Intel Ethernet I210-T1 GbE NIC (E0X95AA) in the hope that it will solve my network problems
- put the system back on High Sierra 10.13.3
- am running PassMark's Memtest86 now to see if I have problems with the internal memory. For this test I fitted all 4 modules which is a total of 32Gb

as we speak I see some interesting output ... errors ... 521 and counting ...

Cheers,
Erwin

So,

I put in the RAM modules that are error free, did the PassMark test again and after 4 successful runs I booted into High Sierra but still no luck. Network is still very flaky and I am unable to complete downloads or the downloads are corrupted. I guess I have to wait for the network card to arrive. This is all very disappointing.

Cheers,
Erwin

Ok, back again. Still no luck, and I have no idea what is happening. I reformatted the Samsung 960 m.2 to HFS+ and installed High Sierra, just to rule out apfs.efi. Also updated to 10.13.3. Here are some of the symptoms:

- Network problems, accessing the web is very flaky. I have to reload pages over and over again.
- For instance, I can download Dropbox installer, but installer just cannot download from Internet, it just waits(?) and eventually times out
- I am also unable to download FireFox, it downloads 5Kb of 55Mb and then reports "the network connection was lost"
- I see lots of SSL_PROTOCOL_ERRORS when downloading
- Cannot install Clover. Installation fails with a PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 ... cpio error ...
- Sometimes half of the desktop background is black

Strange thing is, i can click around the HS desktop without problems. Everything seems to function. But almost everything that has to do with networking fails somehow.

Tried to use trace in conjunction with Activity Monitor but I am too unfamiliar with these tools to get any useful info out of it.

I also tried a Linksys USB3GIGV1 which I had lying around, based on a Realtek RTL8153 and apparently natively supported by High Sierra. No luck.

So I am very skeptic if the HP Intel Ethernet I210-T1 GbE NIC is going to help me, I don't think so actually. I am feeling that I am running out of options, so today I went to the Apple Store to check out a brand new Apple iMac 27 inch. I might as well buy one.

Cheers,
Erwin

Have you tried the AppleIntelE1000e.kext from MultiBeast or just on its own?

Attachments

• AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip
    130.2 KB · Views: 126
I got similar issues with a Z270X-Gaming K7 +i7-7700k but on Sierra. It was hard but I been able to install High Sierra, then my network was going great. Spend a LOT of time trying to fix it on Sierra then get to High Sierra and 'boom' solve all problem.

Also I've done lot of test and can tell you that the systems profile don't make a difference.

I know this don't really help but if you are spending too much time to fix ethernet and want to know if your hardware is the problem. Do the following : Buy a Sonnet Ethernet PCI card, which are no more sold by the company but you can find plenty of theses card on amazon.com or ebay. Theses card use the 'native' Mac OS drivers so they are 'plug and play'.(ONLY ON SIERRA!!!)So with this ethernet card you should have an idea if you got another issues with hardware, becuz this card will work without any issues, still this can be another solution to simply not use the onboard ethernet.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just got my HP Intel Ethernet I210-T1 GbE NIC (E0X95AA). Deleted the IntelMausiEthernet kext and deleted NetworkPreferences.plist and preferences.plist. The HP network card is natively supported my macos so plugged in the cable but still no luck :(. Then I created a UNETBOOTIN USB Stick with Ubuntu on it and tried to install Ubuntu Server. Everything went well until just after the dialog where you have to choose the type of server. Whatever I choose the window turns red with an error message about a package that cannot be read. I now truly believe that I have faulty hardware and I am suspecting the motherboard, so I am going to return it.
At least I am a step further and know a lot more about Sierra and High Sierra.

Will report back when I have a replacement.
Thank you for your kind advice.

Cheers,
Erwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back