Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Mavericks Install on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i52500k - Dawin Kernel Panic [fixed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5 2500K - 3.71
Graphics
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SUCCESS] Mavericks Install on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i5 2500k - Dawin Kernel Panic [fixed]

I should preface that I upgraded my machine from Lion 7.5.x.

I followed the Tonymac86 Mavericks install guide and got stuck after step 5-4 when I attempted to load up the OS for the first time. After Step 5-4 I was not able to load Mavericks, because my machine had a Darwin kernel panic 13.0.0.

Here are the steps I used to resolve the issue:

1. Boot into the USB Drive (the same one you used to install Mavericks)
2. Set language preference >> Select Utilities >> launch Terminal
3. Using the terminal you are going to replace 2 files on your hard drive with 2 files from the USB drive.
4. Type "cd /Volumes/"Mac HD"(or whatever your hard drive is labeled)/Extra/" (without the first and last quote)
5. Type "ls" (this will show you the files in the "Extra" folder)
6. Type "mv org.chameleon.Boot.plist org.chameleon.Boot.plist.bak" (to rename this file)
7. Type "mv smbios.plist smbios.plist.bak" (to rename this file)
8. Type "cp /Volumes/"USB"(or whatever your USB drive is called)/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist /Volumes/"Mac HD"/Extra/" (to move the file from the USB to your hard drive)
9. Type "cp /Volumes/"USB"/Extra/smbios.plist /Volumes/"Mac HD"/Extra/" (to move the other file over)
10. Quit the terminal
11. Select Utilities >> Disk Utility >> Select your Mavericks install drive >> Repair Permissions
12. After the process has completed reboot your machine >> Choose the USB HDD >> Chose your Mavericks Install >> Type "-x" (this will boot in safe mode).

Solution first seen here: http://www.computersnyou.com/118/20...very-hackintosh-fixing-boot-when-on-deadline/

If your computer starts working then continue the Mavericks installation guide and ENJOY!

I followed the Tonymac86 Mavericks install guide and got stuck after step 5-4 when I attempted to load up the OS for the first time. After Step 5-4 I was not able to load Mavericks, because my machine had a Darwin kernel panic 13.0.0.

3. Using the terminal you are going to replace 2 files on your hard drive with 2 files from the USB drive.
4. Type "cd /Volumes/"Mac HD"(or whatever your hard drive is labeled)/Extra/" (without the first and last quote)
6. Type "mv org.chameleon.Boot.plist org.chameleon.Boot.plist.bak" (to rename this file)
8. Type "cp /Volumes/"USB"(or whatever your USB drive is called)/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist /Volumes/"Mac HD"/Extra/" (to move the file from the USB to your hard drive)
9. Type "cp /Volumes/"USB"/Extra/smbios.plist /Volumes/"Mac HD"/Extra/" (to move the other file over)
10. Quit the terminal
11. Select Utilities >> Disk Utility >> Select your Mavericks install drive >> Repair Permissions
12. After the process has completed reboot your machine >> Choose the USB HDD >> Chose your Mavericks Install >> Type "-x" (this will boot in safe mode).

Solution first seen here: http://www.computersnyou.com/118/20...very-hackintosh-fixing-boot-when-on-deadline/

If your computer starts working then continue the Mavericks installation guide and ENJOY!

You, sir, are a genius.

Thanks.

Works like a charm here, same mono + i7 2600 + nvidia gtx660 + native Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 no issues at all
installed using unibeast and multi beast

Hey meandrewdunn,

Did you pick DSDT Free solution or you used the DSDT file?

Mine working properly but somehow it freeze sometime (I can move the cursor but it didn't respond when I click) and I dont know what causes it.

Let me know if you have this problem.

Thanks

10. Quit the terminal

I'm getting a kernel panic I think, but I can't even get into the USB boot installation. I can't see the disk utility or ANYTHING else. Just a spinning mousewheel on a white background: :beachball:

Mavericks IS installed successfully, I just cannot boot into it. What should I do? driving me crazy. Tried all bootflags.

Having this same issue with this board.

i7 4770
Gig UD3H
16GB
Sam 120 SSD

Mavericks installed fine but now I can't boot via SSD drive or USB.

I'm getting a kernel panic I think, but I can't even get into the USB boot installation. I can't see the disk utility or ANYTHING else. Just a spinning mousewheel on a white background: :beachball:

Mavericks IS installed successfully, I just cannot boot into it. What should I do? driving me crazy. Tried all bootflags

It looks like VT-d did it for me (it seems). I shifted my keyboard back to the USB 3.0 on the back (did select USB 3.0 support) in multi beast but it doesn't seem to recognize it.

Using konjow's configuration posted, everything is working for me except my USB keyboard when plugged into the rear USB 3.0 slot. When plugged into the front panel everything is ok.

Audio is good.

No issues booting up once I backtracked and disabled VT-d.

Thanks everyone for all the knowledge posted here.

Now I'm trying to install one hard drive that can be accessed by both systems.
If I understand correctly I just need a certain program on Mac. Would it cause any issues if that hard drive had my Windows 7 programs on it? I'm already out of room on my SSD. Didn't realize how fast 120 gigs would go.

Mavericks IS installed successfully, I just cannot boot into it. What should I do? driving me crazy. Tried all bootflags.
no success with -v -x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back