Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Mavericks Install on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i52500k - Dawin Kernel Panic [fixed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Im planning on updating my OSX Lion to maverick and I would like to know what bios version did you guys use to update to maverick? Right now my bios version is f10.

Thank you.

HELP

I have a z68x-ud3h-b3 1.3 with UEFI .U1L bios (latest).
I install mavericks with usb with GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag cause my gtx 580 give black screen without it.
Now I boot from Unibeast into fresh mavericks installation, and run multibeast.
Now when I boot from the hard drive (I tried -x and -f) I obtain always KP
I Already tried to copy org.chamelian.Boot.plist org and smbios.plist from USB to HDD but have still KP, what exactly have I to select in multi beast? Seems to be a post installation problem cause with USB it works.

kwlv.jpg

Hi ,

Rehabman, Please help. I am also stuck on this screen. Have tried many bootflags but does not work even tried this
on installation screen click on Utilities and open Terminal
3 : change directory to your HDD OSX installation ( /Volume/Lion)
4 : change directory to /Extra folder
5 : now rename org.chamelion.Boot.plist :
mv org.chamelian.Boot.plist org.chamelian.Boot.plist.bak
5 : rename smbios.plist :
mv smbios.plist smbios.plist.bak
6 : copy org.chamelian.Boot.plist and smbios.plist from /Volume/USB
cp /Volume/USB/Extra/org.chamelian.Boot.plist /Volume/Lion/Extra/
cp /Volume/USB/Extra/smbios.plist /Volume/Lion/Extra/

7: now ‘ ‘ to and make sure new files are there and close terminal
8: open disk utility from utilities menu
9: click on Lion Install partition and click repair permissions
10 : wait until it finish and then remove the USB and reboot

If it won’t boot boot in safe mode using -x flag orbooting in legacy mode using arch=i386

But while i try to change my drive, there is an error saying not found directory.

PLease help

Hi ,

Rehabman, Please help. I am also stuck on this screen. Have tried many bootflags but does not work even tried this
on installation screen click on Utilities and open Terminal
3 : change directory to your HDD OSX installation ( /Volume/Lion)
4 : change directory to /Extra folder
5 : now rename org.chamelion.Boot.plist :
mv org.chamelian.Boot.plist org.chamelian.Boot.plist.bak
5 : rename smbios.plist :
mv smbios.plist smbios.plist.bak
6 : copy org.chamelian.Boot.plist and smbios.plist from /Volume/USB
cp /Volume/USB/Extra/org.chamelian.Boot.plist /Volume/Lion/Extra/
cp /Volume/USB/Extra/smbios.plist /Volume/Lion/Extra/

7: now ‘ ‘ to and make sure new files are there and close terminal
8: open disk utility from utilities menu
9: click on Lion Install partition and click repair permissions
10 : wait until it finish and then remove the USB and reboot

If it won’t boot boot in safe mode using -x flag orbooting in legacy mode using arch=i386

But while i try to change my drive, there is an error saying not found directory.

PLease help

For what hardware? Your profile seems to indicate laptop, yet you are asking in a desktop forum and hijacking a desktop thread.

i have had my desktop up and running for over 2 years issue free and have been able to update the OS from SL straight through ML with no issues at all. I finally went to update to Mavericks and now am hitting an issue. I install off the USB installer, run MultiBeast with what i think is the right settings, once I finish Beast I have internet access, sound and both rear and front USBs working....when I reset and boot from the SSD, i get to the white apple screen and it just spins for hours. When i boot to verbose it gets caught at the same spot about 10 seconds into the load. What am I missing in MultiBeast?

Attachments

• IMG_1843.jpg
    IMG_1843.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 196
I should preface that I upgraded my machine from Lion 7.5.x.

I followed the Tonymac86 Mavericks install guide and got stuck after step 5-4 when I attempted to load up the OS for the first time. After Step 5-4 I was not able to load Mavericks, because my machine had a Darwin kernel panic 13.0.0.

Here are the steps I used to resolve the issue:

1. Boot into the USB Drive (the same one you used to install Mavericks)
2. Set language preference >> Select Utilities >> launch Terminal
3. Using the terminal you are going to replace 2 files on your hard drive with 2 files from the USB drive.
4. Type "cd /Volumes/"Mac HD"(or whatever your hard drive is labeled)/Extra/" (without the first and last quote)
5. Type "ls" (this will show you the files in the "Extra" folder)
6. Type "mv org.chameleon.Boot.plist org.chameleon.Boot.plist.bak" (to rename this file)
7. Type "mv smbios.plist smbios.plist.bak" (to rename this file)
8. Type "cp /Volumes/"USB"(or whatever your USB drive is called)/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist /Volumes/"Mac HD"/Extra/" (to move the file from the USB to your hard drive)
9. Type "cp /Volumes/"USB"/Extra/smbios.plist /Volumes/"Mac HD"/Extra/" (to move the other file over)
10. Quit the terminal
11. Select Utilities >> Disk Utility >> Select your Mavericks install drive >> Repair Permissions
12. After the process has completed reboot your machine >> Choose the USB HDD >> Chose your Mavericks Install >> Type "-x" (this will boot in safe mode).

Solution first seen here: http://www.computersnyou.com/118/20...very-hackintosh-fixing-boot-when-on-deadline/

If your computer starts working then continue the Mavericks installation guide and ENJOY!

This worked for me but had to use
the following codes to allow me to make any changes

" mount -uw /"
"chmod 770 /Volumes/"

and when accessing my Macintosh HD

I had to reference it as "cd /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/"

just for the people who keep getting the directory is not present.

Thanks again.

I've renamed the file successfully but i'm stuck at step8 whatever i do it says-invalid directory or file
Plzz help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back