Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Macboy123s Coffee Lake i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG, 16GB RAM, 2x SSD, Zotac GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to @Macboy123 and everyone for all the tips! I got it up and running about 99% there! The only issue I'm having is a black screen that shows up when playing iTunes DRM movies. Is anyone experiencing the same issue on this build?

Hey! I have some minor problem here. Hackintosh is a new thing for me. Sorry for this silly question. I have the same motherboard like macboy123 - Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming - and installed High Sierra 10.13.3 with Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.25.156. I have some graphic lag when opening small apps like Whatsapp and Spotify. Some random lag happened. I trie to find the previous Nvidia web driver but installation cannot be completed because my OA version. Anyone have same problem with me?

I have tried this link, and it says i must update OS version first. That's mean I have 17D47 build right? Which is compatible with Nvidia .156 version

Hey kingkongw24,

the latest Nvidia-Driver is causing choppiness. There is a method to install the version before. Just look into: NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Mine crashed too before i turned off multicore enhancement in bios.

So, what should i do?

Last edited:
Thanks to @Macboy123 and everyone for all the tips! I got it up and running about 99% there! The only issue I'm having is a black screen that shows up when playing iTunes DRM movies. Is anyone experiencing the same issue on this build?

Have you tried Lilu.kext+shiki.kext+Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext (+ boot argument shikigva=60)?

Hey! I have some minor problem here. Hackintosh is a new thing for me. Sorry for this silly question. I have the same motherboard like macboy123 - Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming - and installed High Sierra 10.13.3 with Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.25.156. I have some graphic lag when opening small apps like Whatsapp and Spotify. Some random lag happened. I trie to find the previous Nvidia web driver but installation cannot be completed because my OA version. Anyone have same problem with me?

I have tried this link, and it says i must update OS version first. That's mean I have 17D47 build right? Which is compatible with Nvidia .156 version

So, what should i do?

This should do it for you for installing the stable drivers.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/

Just swapped out my old GTX 770 OC 4GB for a Gigabyte RX 570 AORUS 4GB.
I use this hack for normal desktop usage, VMs and FCPX projects.

BruceX render benchmark shows a nice gain:

Nvidia GTX 770 - 1:04
RX 570 - :20

And best of all, no more Nvidia driver trickery!

Hi guys, just copied some 3GB files to a USB stick that's USB 3 compatible and took me 15min. After doing some tests, disk speed test indicated I'm copying at 9mb a second. Any idea what i can do to troubleshoot or fix this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back