Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Macboy123s Coffee Lake i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG, 16GB RAM, 2x SSD, Zotac GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Just built a similar Hackintosh (my first) but dropped the GPU for now due to high cost. Opted for an NVMe SSD. I'm sad that the process wasn't that challenging so far. Was hoping to put up more of a fight here!

Warning - Noob questions / comments below.
---

'Ethernet cards' showing up blank in System Info -- Is this normal since its onboard Ethernet?

I've seen quite a few weird graphic glitches. Should I expect these from time to time?

Speaking of graphics, what devices should I have showing up. On one boot it showed HD630 but now it just shows "Display 7 MB"

iCloud working perfectly (minus iMessage for now)
Got a PCIe card from OSXWifi, Wifi & BT working out of box

Last edited:
Hey Macboy123,

a few weeks ago, i built a new Hackintosh according to yours. At this point: BIG THANK YOU! Everything is working flawless, even OC to 4.8Ghz on rendering tasks since i disabled multi processor enhancement. I think it's time for a donation. So, happy day, folks. :)

Hi all!,

I have read this build so many times and finally have the machine up and running but having a few problems.

I have copied the plist from you Macboy123 and modified it a bit to get my video card running. Thanking you for that.

I have i7 8700k with H80i v2 water cooled not overclocked as I tried it and, it kept crashing after every 20 min even on 1.35v
I also have 4GB of DDR4 2134 MHz memory as a temporary solution before I get 32gb.
Geforce GTX760 i think is working fine, able to play games like sc2 but sometimes choppy video and audio and not sure if its cos of the ram (Activity monitor indicates used memory is 3.5gb almost at max). will be getting 32gb soon.
iMessage seems to work fine.

When the computer is left for 15 min it goes into hibernation (i think) then every 5 min later the USB ports turn on and off making my USB sound card crack every time it turns on and off.
After leaving it for an hr the computer will restart.
I know this because I typed "uptime" in Terminal to see how long the computer has been running and also typed "last reboot" and get the following results that indicate the multiple restarts.

reboot ~ Tue Feb 13 23:26
reboot ~ Tue Feb 13 21:17
reboot ~ Tue Feb 13 18:06
reboot ~ Tue Feb 13 14:55
reboot ~ Tue Feb 13 11:44
reboot ~ Tue Feb 13 08:33
reboot ~ Tue Feb 13 05:21
reboot ~ Tue Feb 13 02:10
reboot ~ Tue Feb 13 01:07

so the questions are,
Will the CPU be able to be overclocked with that ram installed and do I need to check any specific configurations like SSDT or the Plist?

With the laggy or choppiness, any other ideas i should check to confirm or diagnose the problem?

USB clicking on and off in hibernation. Is there any way for me to check if its kext or something like that.

If the computer is restarting is there some log file i can check somewhere to see if it indicates whats crashing and causing a restart?

any help or pointing me to any direction is muchly appreciated.

Last edited:
@Macboy123 you are a genius my friend.
This is my 1st hackintosh and I was going round in circles trying to get everything to work.

I'd seem to make one small change and the whole thing would go and throw a wobbly.

I just downloaded your Clover directory and voila, everything (essential) is working.
I'm not worried about sound and imessage for now (haven't even looked at them) i just needed a stable booting machine with working Nvidia drivers.

Once more, thank you very much.

I'm just about to start building a Coffee Lake machine. I will pay attention to this forum. Thanks for the guidance!

Having a similar issue here also when running the command.sh for ALC1220. I got a 'success' but now mac is stuck on the apple logo + FULL white bar screen on boot. Tried clover backup & clover recovery but cant get back in to the OS.

Hoping I wont have to start the hackintosh from scratch

EDIT: Issue was related to kext cache needing to be rebuilt; https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-boot-after-audio-install.247248/#post-1705212

Taking clover folder and config should be fine for your build. Sound has to be activated post installation by running these 2 scripts (one for the ALC1220, one for HDMI/DP over NVIDIA)

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/blob/master/audio_cloverHDMI-130.command.zip (SSDT for that should be already in my clover folder so not really needed)
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-130.sh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back