Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Macboy123s Coffee Lake i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG, 16GB RAM, 2x SSD, Zotac GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I haven't because I've used Macboy123s SSDT. Do I need to check if its injected in the SSDT to make sure? I'm not too sure how to do that. I'm assuming I have to open up the SSDT and edit the files basically following the guide anyways?

Can I not just use the SSDT as I've got the same hardware?

Not necessarily, especially if you have different internal USB headers plugged into your case. It's a good idea to double check the SSDT to make sure it matches the ports you're actually using. Also, if that SSDT addresses ALL the USB ports available you need to exclude the ones you're not using in the config.plist

Not necessarily, especially if you have different internal USB headers plugged into your case. It's a good idea to double check the SSDT to make sure it matches the ports you're actually using. Also, if that SSDT addresses ALL the USB ports available you need to exclude the ones you're not using in the config.plist
OMG looks like this whole time the lagging feeling on this computer was my m.2 drive that only writes at 50mb a second.
Looks like i have to learn how the SSDT works for the m.2 drive/ port and usb ports.

OMG looks like this whole time the lagging feeling on this computer was my m.2 drive that only writes at 50mb a second.
Looks like i have to learn how the SSDT works for the m.2 drive/ port and usb ports.

M.2 is different. There is lag (or a more appropriate explanation elsewhere) when M.2 NMVE drives are formatted APFS, which is why it is advised to stick
With HFS+(Journaled)

M.2 is different. There is lag (or a more appropriate explanation elsewhere) when M.2 NMVE drives are formatted APFS, which is why it is advised to stick
With HFS+(Journaled)
Thanks for that canyondust. Icloned it twice and copied over the EFI back to make the original M.2 disk HFS+. I hope it gets rid of the lag/ choppiness/ stickiness.

I'm just using the standard ports on the back of the board with nothing plugged in to the board its self. Where in the plist would I look as I've looked and read it many times with out any indication of how to exclude ports.

If you know which ports you're not using, you exclude them with the boot argument uia_exclude.
So, say ,you're not using USB3.0 ports 9 and 10 and USB 2.0 ports 7,8,9 and 10 you'd put:

uia_exclude=SS09;SS10;HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10

EDIT: this also assumed you've taken the step to install USBinjectall.kext

If you know which ports you're not using, you exclude them with the boot argument uia_exclude.
So, say ,you're not using USB3.0 ports 9 and 10 and USB 2.0 ports 7,8,9 and 10 you'd put:

uia_exclude=SS09;SS10;HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10

EDIT: this also assumed you've taken the step to install USBinjectall.kext
Ok, took a few days of reading and understanding to now say i have completed the guide to create an SSDT for USB ports.

Still copy speeds are no more than 10MB/s using blackmagic disk speed test with usb sticks 2.0 to 3.0 drives too.

Tested in windows with multiple ports and copying files would get 100MB/s, so indicates something to do with the drivers or something along those lines. Suggestions?

After the format of the NVMe drive the read write speeds on blackmagic disk speed test indicate 500MB/S write speeds for my 600P drive.

Last edited:
New Nvidia webdriver 387.10.10.10.30.107 fixed most issues for me.

Only problem I still have is that my front panel audio and mic aren't working. Anybody knows how to get those working?

Hello

My Build :
CPU : Intel i7 8700k
MB : Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming (F8)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB X 2 LPX C15
SSD : Transcend 256GB TS256GSSD370 (MacOS 10.13.4)
M.2 : Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB (Win10)
HHD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB (NTFS)
Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB (NTFS)
GPU: AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G (F4)
Monitor :Lg 34uc98 Ultrawide Monitor

This is my first time to install a Hackintosh
I followed the installation guide and succeed to boot the High Sierra on my PC
But somehow there are some problems need to fix.
Hope you guys can help me, thanks a lot.

1.I don't know how to check my CPU is working normally
I used Geekbench for the result it should be fine
Single-Core Score 6054 Multi-Core Score 27919
But I just worry there have some problems and I don't know

2.The 'Sleep' function is not working
If I manually 'Sleep' the computer and move the mouse to wake it up.
The result is only the cursor response the other will freeze.
If the computer 'Sleep' and for a while, it will automatically reboot.
Also if I change the input from the monitor such as (DP ->HDMI) and change it back it will black screen or freeze.

Lastly Sorry for my poor English =)

Hi everyone, I am brand new to the hackintosh world and am having quite a time with installation. I have almost this exact setup (i7-8700, aorus UG WiFi, and no graphics card). However, when I got to boot from my SSD, I get stuck in what is effectively this boot loop. The Apple loading screen pops up, and then it just goes straight back to Clover...repeat. Has anyone had this issue?

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi
CPU: i7-8700K
Graphics: N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back