Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] insanity83NL's Build: Core i7 4770K - MSI Z87-G45 Gaming - MSI GeForce GTX 960 OC Edition

Would you like to see a High Sierra installation

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SUCCESS!!!!!
System is up and running (after I got a new MOBO from MSI :lol: - was not booting up anymore)
I didn't use the nv_disable=1 cause I forgot :)

directly used El Capitan 10.11.4 but I had to use the NVIDIA Driver 346.03.06 (http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/100824/en-us) for my graphics card EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 (also 144hz for my display is working)

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 21.21.13.png

Thanks for help!

Hi !

I try to follow your guide. But, after the post-installation with MultiBeast, I have no network support.

Have you an idea form where that came ? i try to install El Capitan 10.11.4

SOLVED

I was just need a custum kext for the killer e 2000

Great guide thank you !

Hello Insanity. I am stuck in on Step 5. After reformatting the HDD to "osx extended journaled" the installation completed but it won't show up once I restart... Only my USB and "RECOVERY" appear but not my HDD that OS X was installed to.

The one step I missed was "nv_disable=1 -v" as I am not sure where to enter it. Please help

Thanks!

MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming

UPDATE: FIXED! - Installed everything on a new hard drive and left the installation going and it worked!

Last edited:
Hello Insanity. I am stuck in on Step 5. After reformatting the HDD to "osx extended journaled" the installation completed but it won't show up once I restart... Only my USB and "RECOVERY" appear but not my HDD that OS X was installed to.

The one step I missed was "nv_disable=1 -v" as I am not sure where to enter it. Please help

Thanks!

MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming

UPDATE: FIXED! - Installed everything on a new hard drive and left the installation going and it worked!

Great to read everything worked out buddy ! ;)

Good guide! worked for me.

Only problem is that my PC keeps booting Windows instead of macOS. Even when I change the boot priority. Please help.

Thanks!

Good guide! worked for me.

Only problem is that my PC keeps booting Windows instead of macOS. Even when I change the boot priority. Please help.

Thanks!

Hi there,

normaly the setting the boot option in the bios would fix the issue.
Have you checked this already?

Hi there are you on sierra now? Really appreciate the effort for keeping this up to date since you first built it. Thanks.

Im still on
OS X 10.9.5 Sandy Bridge z77 but I need a new MB and I'm seeing this one used...

Hi there are you on sierra now? Really appreciate the effort for keeping this up to date since you first built it. Thanks.

Im still on
OS X 10.9.5 Sandy Bridge z77 but I need a new MB and I'm seeing this one used...

Sorry for my late respons since my private life is very busy.
I am not on Sierra or have attempted a Sierra installation.

Maybe I will make one before I upgrade my system.
Don't know besides you if there are more people wanting this?

Last edited:
I would like to see High Sierra installation too.:)
This installation is great.
I have similar setup.
Z87 Msi G45
Msi 970 Gtx...

Has anyone been able to get this upgraded to High Sierra? I'm pretty much stuck on Sierra right now. I'd like to eventually get to Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back