Contribute
Register

[Success] iDell XPS 8300 *Mountain Lion 10.8.2*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Out of the blue my XPS 8300 stopped booting up on it's own. If i plug in the usb drive i have the install files on and then boot from that and choose my os drive i can then boot into osx with out a problem until i have to reboot again and then i have to smash f12 to get the boot order choose my usb drive and then finish the boot process. I am not sure what may of happen.

Any ideas or thoughts

thanks

Hello, Out of the blue my XPS 8300 stopped booting up on it's own. If i plug in the usb drive i have the install files on and then boot from that and choose my os drive i can then boot into osx with out a problem until i have to reboot again and then i have to smash f12 to get the boot order choose my usb drive and then finish the boot process. I am not sure what may of happen.

Any ideas or thoughts

thanks

Have you tried reinstalling Chimera?

Hi there everybody. I want to thank everyone for making this, and the older 10.7 thread for the XPS8300 as it's allowed me to update from 10.6 on my older Dell to 10.8.2 on my 8300

That said, i have some questions and problems with my install.

(1) I have sleep working using the sleepenabler kext linked earlier, but I lose my wired ethernet connection if the computer goes to sleep at all, even for a second. I've read a number of threads where even those with machines bought directly from Apple have this problem, but I'm wondering if anybody here has found a solution that works for them.

(2) I have a Radeon 5770 card. If I install using 'easybeast', it is identified as a 5000 card. If I THEN re-run multibeast using the non-DSDT option checked, the Radeon will then be identified as a 5770. I'm wondering if anybody knows why this is. I'm also wondering if I'm possibly screwing anything up by using the 'easybeast' setting AND the 'non-DSDT' setting.

Thanks again for everybody's input here.

Has anyone updated their system to 10.8.3 yet ?

Has anyone updated their system to 10.8.3 yet ?

Yes I have, successfully. I used the combo updater. Before rebooting after the update, I used MultiBeast to re-apply the audio patch (ALC887/888b) and rebooted. Restart does seem to take a little while, but everything seems fine. Sleep is still working too.

Before applying the update I did clone to an external drive, as a precaution.

Yes I have, successfully. I used the combo updater. Before rebooting after the update, I used MultiBeast to re-apply the audio patch (ALC887/888b) and rebooted. Restart does seem to take a little while, but everything seems fine. Sleep is still working too.

Before applying the update I did clone to an external drive, as a precaution.

Do you know how to wake up the internet after the computer goes into sleep?

Do you know how to wake up the internet after the computer goes into sleep?

Hi SA5UK3,

What networking are you using? Wifi or cable?

Network / internet is working fine form sleep with me. I am using a Dell DW1510 wifi mini card for networking which works with the apple driver. Previously I used the on-board ethernet with the BCM5722D.kext from the early days of the thread, and from what I remember that also worked. However, when I moved to WIFI card, I had to go into Network Preferences and set the onboard Ethernet as not connected, otherwise on wake-up the System kept trying to use the onboard NIC.

Cheers.

Maybe I'm being really stupid but where have the files gone?

sorry!!

I am wondering the same thing! Im in the middle of an install with no files!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back