Contribute
Register

[Success] iDell XPS 8300 *Mountain Lion 10.8.2*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried wired Ethernet yet since moving to 10.9. I will give it a try and see if it works for me or not or not. This is the driver I have;

BSD name: en0
Kext name: BCM5722D.kext
Version: 2.3.5

Hey guys I put up the guide to install Mavericks on the XPS 8300. I haven't as of yet uploaded the attachments, but it'll be up soon. I took some of the feedback from this thread and put it into the new guide. Thanks!

Oh i just tried installing the ethernet kext, it works fine! Thanks for the everything.
I couldn't get sleep to work, once I wake my system from sleep, my screens are not showing at all.

Also thanks Sa5uk3 for the great guide, really helped me setting up my hackintosh on my dell xps 8300.

I have no idea if this will help you, but you could try installing the SleepEnabler.kext. Meant for 10.8.x, I left it in when I upgraded to Mavericks, and nothing bad happened. Sleep is working well for me, but might just be a coincidence as SA5UK3 says sleep works fine with XPS 8300 and Mavericks

Yeah I just tried that. When I put my computer to sleep it works however, when I try to wake it up, my monitors/screen do not turn on.

That is frustrating! I think our systems are similar, except that you have a better spec graphics then mine.

Can you use MaciASL and extract System DSDT.dsl for me. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back