Contribute
Register

[Success] iDell XPS 8300 *Mountain Lion 10.8.2*

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated to 10.8.4 through App store, but wifi is not working on the supplied kext ( IO80211Family.kext ). I'm using ( Broadcom 1397 Half Mini WIFi card ), Ethernet works well with ( BCM5722D.kext ).... any suggestions???

Upgrade to 10.8.4 was fairly uneventful. As noted in the original topic; you'll (I needed to) rerun multibeast and install the Realtek 887 current driver kext. I had to also use a tool to repair the kext cache.

If anyone missed my post on the other page, 32gigs of 1333mhz memory works in this bad boy. SO nice to have when you're running 4-5 VM's; these machines don't skip a beat.

(screenshot attached)

Attachments

• 32gigs.png
    32gigs.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 190
keep having the issue where the network stop working during intense network traffic...

just saw this though:
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3605

Seems to be for our chipset and addresses the exact issue...

Anyone try it yet? going to as soon as mine bombs out again or I get a free moment

keep having the issue where the network stop working during intense network traffic...

just saw this though:
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3605

Seems to be for our chipset and addresses the exact issue...

Anyone try it yet? going to as soon as mine bombs out again or I get a free moment

Yep I tried it. It may be the file I attached in the package. The network still drops after intense traffic.

yea, i'm finding that to be the case still too.

guess i may start looking for a supported NIC that I can throw in this thing..

For anyone looking for a USB 3.0 card for their iDell XPS 8300, just thought I'd report that the Orico PFU3-202I card currently sold at Newegg for about $20 works perfectly. It's automatically recognized in ML 10.8.3 and is supported in all versions of Windows from Win2k forward.

One note: to operate, the Orico card requires power to a molex socket mounted on the card. For $3, Newegg also sells a Rosewill 4 pin female Molex to 15 pin male SATA adapter that does the trick, but in addition you may need a long enough SATA power cable or M/F SATA power extension cable to reach the card.

hey guys
http://www.amazon.com/ORICO-PFU3-4P-Express-Controller-Adapter/dp/B008V3THAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378579239&sr=8-1&keywords=ORICO+PFU3-4P
i want the 4port orioco version, until i understand the molex its mandatory.
so the question is if my power supply haves the molex like for an old hard drive, do i still need the adapter?
regards wolf

Anyone upgrade to 10.8.5 yet?

just wanting to make sure all is well before I do...

my wife did, because "it asked her to".

Now i have 2 scenarios when booting:
1 ... the grey boot screen freezes with a bunch of code that pops into view. Must force shutdown.
2 ... or it will slowly boot up, but then stay with a beach ball for mouse with no clicks accepted for the first 15 mins, and there is no network working anymore.

I have no idea how to fix this. Any thoughts?

EDIT: UPDATE: Never mind, I managed to get the screen functioning again, and installed a newer version of MultiBeast. Clicked similar settings as last time, and reinstalled everything. After reboot...all is working perfectly again as far as i can tell.

has anyone tried installing mavericks on their dell xps 8300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back