Contribute
Register

[Success] Guide: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (EUFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the DSDT, unfortunately it hasn't helped.

I ran mulitbeast and installed the aml file, now with graphics enabler = No I get a kernel panic during the boot process if I use the IGFX and, I can only boot using the nVidia card with Graphics Enabler = Yes

Not to worry though, I think I can live without Airplay mirroring.

EDIT:
My bad, turns out the DSDT hadn't installed for some reason, did it manually and the HD300 is being detected now.

Thanks for the help.

First of all, Thanks for this guide!
All seems to be working great when I follow this guide.

One question though...

I was wondering why you choose for the original realtek driver?
I thought the driver of lnx2mac was working better? I've always used the lnx2mac driver, so I did this again. But maybe you can give me a good reason to choose for the original realtek driver instead?

Thanks

Good news for those using the iMac 12,2 SMBIOS, I got 6 P-states working on my OC'd 2500K by using Minihack's SSDT (he apparently added additional p-states from the OC'd MB SSDT profile to up to 5ghz) Since, I'm only at 4.5ghz, you probably don't need his, but I'm linking it anyway. I then used Kounelo's Guide about vanilla Speedstep to patch my IOPlatformPluginFamily kext to MacbookPro8,3 p-states and it worked! I used to only have 2 p-states 16x and 45x but now according to MSRdumper and HWmonitor:

9/12/12 9:20:23.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(45)
9/12/12 9:20:23.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 20 23 31 39 45

Included my patched iMac 12,2 IOPlatformPluginFamily for the lazy, you should read whats going on in Kounelo's post before just blindly copying, remember to backup the original, etc, Minihacks SSDT also included

My Generate C/P states are set to yes, Still using the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext from Multibeast (Drivers>System>AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement> OSX 10.8.0) Not sure if that's helping or not, but it's working and I'm happy, upped my Geekbench Score to 12537 (64bit)

This actually turned out to be a really good tip - thanks.

You don't need the IMac12,2 smbios, you can do this for any model identifier I think. I did it for my MacPro5,1 smbios - you just need to edit the appropriate plist in that directory.

Just cut and past the "Data" portion of whats listed into your plist - not the whole string as the guide instructs (at least this is how I did it).

So what I ended up with for my 4.3ghz 2700k setup is a plist spread of - 16 17 20 25 30 34 43 44

I'm using the OC ssdt from multi beast.

I don't normally like editing p-lists and hope the dsdt wizards figure out a better way after the release version of uefi for this board, but it's not a bad compromise.

I cannot seem to install FakeSMC and the motherboard plugins at all on 10.8.X. Tried with macmini5,1 and macpro3,1 definitions.

I get:

backtrace: org.navi.OemSMBIOS(1.0)followed by a long string of numbers.

I rebooted into safe mode with -x, deleted the OEMsmbios.kext from the plugins folder in FakeSMC and rebooted once more.

The same org.navi.OemSMBIOS(1.0) error keeps appearing and won't let me boot.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I cannot seem to install FakeSMC and the motherboard plugins at all on 10.8.X. Tried with macmini5,1 and macpro3,1 definitions.

I get:

backtrace: org.navi.OemSMBIOS(1.0)followed by a long string of numbers.

I rebooted into safe mode with -x, deleted the OEMsmbios.kext from the plugins folder in FakeSMC and rebooted once more.

The same org.navi.OemSMBIOS(1.0) error keeps appearing and won't let me boot.

Anyone have any suggestions?

After deleting OemSMBIOS.kext you have to run Kext Utility to repair permissions.

After deleting OemSMBIOS.kext you have to run Kext Utility to repair permissions.

Thanks, that did the trick. However, I see that the CPU Package Multiplier remains at x16.0. Not sure if that's correct?

I did install the SSDT "Sandy Bridge Core i5/i7 Overclocked" and I changed the bios multiplier to 38 with turbos (42,41,40,39). "About this mac" does report 4.2 Ghz but just not sure why HWMonitor shows a static x16.0, shouldn't it speedstep?

Thanks again.

Update: Sorry, just ran geekbench and it changed to a max of x39. So i guess it's working fine.

Just wondering about the USB3 situation. Did some reading and testing...Tried the CalDigitFastIO, CalDigitUSBxHCI kexts and it does not work once you eject a device - all subsequent insertions of a usb device do not get recognized (even in the usb2.0 ports for some reason).

So, I take there's no working solution for the internal USB3.0 and how about via a add-on pci-express card?

I have the same board that I just flashed from F9 to the new UEFI. I installed ML 10.8.2 using your method and everything is working great minus one thing...

Onboard audio seems to be working fine and i've tested this by plugging in my headphones to the front audio jack. My issue is that I have several sound outputs connected via usb that aren't being recognized at all by the OS. I don't get any audio through my cinema display or my wireless USB plantronics headset. I don't see the hardware listed in the sound output options so there is no way to select them. Other USB devices work fine though. I never had an issue with these when I was running F9 with 10.8.1. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi!

I have the same motherboard but different graphics.
What are the steps for a clean install with a AMD 5770 1gb?

My last hack was a Snow Leopard, fully working, but now i want to upgrade to mountain lion... Anyone? Please?

Thank you..

Finally I installed all. your article was very usuful to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back