Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z390 UD -Open Core 0.6.3

Hi All, first time poster in here and jumping on this thread as I.m having a total mare trying to do a fresh open-core installation of Monterey or Ventura.

Specs:
Giga Z390 UD
Intel I9 9900k
Radeon RX 580
NZXT Kraken63 cooler

So i currently run a working clover build Catalina drive but i want to do a clean opencore install. I've tried multiple USB installers from app store and made the USBs with my hack but also Macbook Pro. Tried lots of different EFI's (including the one at the start of this thread) but still no joy. BIOS settings are correct, main errors occurred after the first re-boot during installation when you get to the 28mins remaining screen with apple logo. All is going well then around 20 mins to go i've have various errors, the most common being 'an error occurred loading the update''
I've tried 3 different WD SSD drives between USB 3 connected and also internally connected to MB. Also tried the USB installed in every rear ports. Suspect it may be USB mapping issue but i've tried mapping and also injectall but still the same issue. Been going on for months and had so many great and knowledgeable people try and help but still no success. I suspect it's something really simple I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone help?

Hi All, first time poster in here and jumping on this thread as I.m having a total mare trying to do a fresh open-core installation of Monterey or Ventura.

Specs:
Giga Z390 UD
Intel I9 9900k
Radeon RX 580
NZXT Kraken63 cooler

So i currently run a working clover build Catalina drive but i want to do a clean opencore install. I've tried multiple USB installers from app store and made the USBs with my hack but also Macbook Pro. Tried lots of different EFI's (including the one at the start of this thread) but still no joy. BIOS settings are correct, main errors occurred after the first re-boot during installation when you get to the 28mins remaining screen with apple logo. All is going well then around 20 mins to go i've have various errors, the most common being 'an error occurred loading the update''
I've tried 3 different WD SSD drives between USB 3 connected and also internally connected to MB. Also tried the USB installed in every rear ports. Suspect it may be USB mapping issue but i've tried mapping and also injectall but still the same issue. Been going on for months and had so many great and knowledgeable people try and help but still no success. I suspect it's something really simple I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone help?

Hi there.

Your hardware, as stated, is a great choice for a hackintosh. No obvious hurdles or issues.

Perhaps upload the EFI you are using. ZIP it into an archive and attach it to a post and we can check it for you. (Ensure no serial-number you may be currently using is visible - blank it out if so).

:)

Hi there.

Your hardware, as stated, is a great choice for a hackintosh. No obvious hurdles or issues.

Perhaps upload the EFI you are using. ZIP it into an archive and attach it to a post and we can check it for you. (Ensure no serial-number you may be currently using is visible - blank it out if so).

:)
So turns out it was a RAM issue. Took 3 out of 4 sticks out and tried it, failed again, then tried a different stick and it worked fine. All RAM now back in and all working great

Double check your bios settings. I can't remember if I had the config.plist setup to use the resizable GPU bars. You may want to set the resizable bars to -1 in the config.plist if it is not already. That is all I can think of.
hi, sorry to bother you, I have the same ardware as your efi, could you check my efi? if it is OK? or what if something is missing? to make it work perfectly? I connected two monitors, I use sonoma 14.4.1 with opencore 0.99, thanks in advance, the hardware would be the same as my profile, sorry for my bad english, I'm using a translator

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back