Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z390 UD -Open Core 0.6.3

I have an updated EFI. 0.8.7 I believe. I also corrected the USB mapping from what I had originally posted. I'll try and upload it later today.

Here you go. Regenerate the platform info and ROM before using.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 111
Here you go. Regenerate the platform info and ROM before using.

Thank you very much! What version are you currently running with this EFI? Is the USB stuff set up for Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey?

Last edited:
OpenCore 0.8.7. I am using it with Monterey.
Appreciate the continued responses. Whenever you get tired of my questions feel free to cut me off! ;-)

Built a boot drive for Monterey and added my serial info to the config.plist as well as verbose booting. Got a kernel panic with the last line reading "authenticate_efi_forwarded_roothash:2785 apfs_extract_root_hash_and_manifest failed with error: Invalid argument (22)" Not sure if that tells you what the problem could be..

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpeg
    IMG_0985.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 34
Appreciate the continued responses. Whenever you get tired of my questions feel free to cut me off! ;-)

Built a boot drive for Monterey and added my serial info to the config.plist as well as verbose booting. Got a kernel panic with the last line reading "authenticate_efi_forwarded_roothash:2785 apfs_extract_root_hash_and_manifest failed with error: Invalid argument (22)" Not sure if that tells you what the problem could be..
Not sure. apfs is the apple file system. Are you booting off a USB flash drive? If so, try a different usb port or a different flash drive.

Not sure. apfs is the apple file system. Are you booting off a USB flash drive? If so, try a different usb port or a different flash drive.

Well, that's a first for me, I would have never thought of that. Put the drive in a different USB port and got to the installer page! When I click on Install macOS Monterey and continue it just sits there and doesn't do anything so I'll have to see what I can figure out from here. Thanks for getting me to this point!

Well, that's a first for me, I would have never thought of that. Put the drive in a different USB port and got to the installer page! When I click on Install macOS Monterey and continue it just sits there and doesn't do anything so I'll have to see what I can figure out from here. Thanks for getting me to this point!

Double check your bios settings. I can't remember if I had the config.plist setup to use the resizable GPU bars. You may want to set the resizable bars to -1 in the config.plist if it is not already. That is all I can think of.

Double check your bios settings. I can't remember if I had the config.plist setup to use the resizable GPU bars. You may want to set the resizable bars to -1 in the config.plist if it is not already. That is all I can think of.

Edited: I was able to download a fresh Monterey installer and that was it. Booting from a working copy of Monterey. Just have to clean up some small stuff. Thanks again for the help!

Original:
Checked BIOS settings and they match what you originally recommended. Also made the GPU bars change and no change. Looked in the Dortania guide and it has a recommendation for "Frozen installer after 30 seconds" to enable "Dummypowermanagement" and get rid of any links to nullcpupowermanagement. You weren't using nullcpupowermanagement anyway so that wasn't an issue. I did try to enable the dummypowermanagement but it didn't change anything.

I have reformatted my SSD (Vertex so I don't think compatibility issues like Samsung) to APFS when trying to install. I opened the installer log while in Recovery and there is a line that essentially says "APFSVolumeGetSiDPState blah blah error: 22." I've googled that to see if that could be it but haven't come up with any solutions. In the screenshot attached I had 2 partitions on the SSD but have now reformatted to only 1 partition but it's the same message. Going to rebuild the USB just in case the installer somehow got corrupted along the way. Will continue to plug away!

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpeg
    IMG_0996.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back