Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

(I'm kinda amateur to Hackintoshes.) Would that still work with our board? Isn't that for X299 boards?

Yes Titan Ridge is fully compatible with our boards. The last BIOS update made it so :)

I don't know anything about the Z390 Designare board so I can not comment

Yes Titan Ridge is fully compatible with our boards. The last BIOS update made it so :)

I don't know anything about the Z390 Designare board so I can not comment

Its super wierd I have setup the card perfectly and multiple times, I cant get it to show in BIOS let alone macOS. I do not have any Thunderbolt devices plugged in nor do I have any yet, but I don't think that would affect it from not showing in BIOS.

Its super wierd I have setup the card perfectly and multiple times, I can't get it to show in BIOS let alone macOS. I do not have any Thunderbolt devices plugged in nor do I have any yet, but I don't think that would affect it from not showing in B.IOS
Have you installed the F11 BIOS from Gigabyte?
F11 is the first BIOS version to support Titan Ridge.
Also you need to install the drivers under windows 10.

Edit: Also have you got it in the last PCIe slot?

Last edited:
Its super wierd I have setup the card perfectly and multiple times, I cant get it to show in bios let alone mac os. I do not have any thunderbolt devices plugged in nor do I have any yet but I don't think that would affect it from not showing in bios.

You should not have to have a TB device connected to it for it to show up in the BIOS

CORRECTION : You DO have to have a device connected!

Last edited:
Yah, I have it in the bottom PCI slot. I will try to install the Windows driver and BIOS again, and I'll let you know.

If GB is still shipping their add-in cards with those mini cd's, hang onto it. It seems to be the best and only way to install the TB driver in Windows without a suite of junk apps. I find it helpful to have one BIOS setup for Windows and one for OSX. Whenever I change any hardware inside the box, I reload Optimized Defaults and then load the OSX BIOS setup. Sounds odd, but it seems to clear and reset any conflicts that are hidden from us on the BIOS setup screen.

Here's a Titan Ridge question/consideration going forward to @jb007 's future thread: Regarding the three cables that come with that card, will you have to recheck your SSDT USB patch to host both the USB 1.1/2.0 (newly included) and the TB header that is now labeled by Gigabyte as a USB C cable?

You should not have to have a TB device connected to it for it to show up in the BIOS

Heres a quick update. I managed to get the card to show up in BIOS only after I plugged a device plugged into it. I have a simple Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter plugged in, and it is working perfectly. But only once I am booted into macOS. I am trying to figure out if I can get the card to work in the Clover bootloader as well. If anyone has some suggestions that would help. Thanks

Last edited:
If GB is still shipping their add-in cards with those mini cd's, hang onto it. It seems to be the best and only way to install the TB driver in Windows without a suite of junk apps. I find it helpful to have one BIOS setup for Windows and one for OSX. Whenever I change any hardware inside the box, I reload Optimized Defaults and then load the OSX BIOS setup. Sounds odd, but it seems to clear and reset any conflicts that are hidden from us on the BIOS setup screen.

Here's a Titan Ridge question/consideration going forward to @jb007 's future thread: Regarding the three cables that come with that card, will you have to recheck your SSDT USB patch to host both the USB 1.1/2.0 (newly included) and the TB header that is now labeled by Gigabyte as a USB C cable?
No it’s not connected to any of the Intel chips, so no changes AFAIK. Which is good. I’ll know more after Tuesday week when my TR arrives.

Heres a quick update. I managed to get the card to show up in BIOS only after I plugged a device plugged into it. I have a simple Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter plugged in, and it is working perfectly. But only once I am booted into macOS. I am trying to figure out if I can get the card to work in the Clover bootloader as well. If anyone has some suggestions that would help. Thanks

That’s great! My Alpine Ridge showed up as soon as I installed it... I will keep this in mind when I swap it out with the Titan. Thanks for sharing. :D

Hey thank you very much for this amazing guide;)

I am quite a rookie in the Hackintosh universe and I've got some question, about your build which I try to rebuild.

Based on the Bluetooth dongle in your Description, I was wondering if you used a bluetooth mouse and keyboard during the installation or did you need a wired combination? Do you have any experience if the Apple magic mouse and Bluetooth keyboard will also work, or do you have any recommendations regarding mouse and keyboard?

Second did you also try Mojave on your build? Or would you recommend to go with High Sierra?

Thank you very much!

Back